Author Topic: clocks  (Read 1369 times)

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
clocks
« on: 17 April 2012, 14:37 »
are the 16v clocks and vr6 clocks the same?

Offline ant_gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 102
  • mk3 20v turbo
Re: clocks
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2012, 14:45 »
afaik the vr clocks are differnt

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: clocks
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2012, 14:53 »
afaik the vr clocks are differnt

+1 the 16v clocks rev to 7.5
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
Re: clocks
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2012, 14:56 »
whats different about them? they look the same(same mph and stuff)
i just knocked my mph needle on my 16v clocks fitting new dials(lockwood kit) it now sits below the o mark.
just looking on ebay and saw the vr6 ones

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
Re: clocks
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2012, 14:57 »
sorry posted before i read that one!

Offline ant_gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 102
  • mk3 20v turbo
Re: clocks
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2012, 15:02 »
i think the vr ones use a different signal to the rev counter not 100% though,but i know they're different

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: clocks
« Reply #6 on: 17 April 2012, 15:04 »
whats different about them? they look the same(same mph and stuff)
i just knocked my mph needle on my 16v clocks fitting new dials(lockwood kit) it now sits below the o mark.
just looking on ebay and saw the vr6 ones

Why don't you knock the needle back the otherway?

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
Re: clocks
« Reply #7 on: 17 April 2012, 15:07 »
Won't stay on the o mark just drops,might see if I can fit a pin on the o mark?

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: clocks
« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2012, 15:08 »
what you can do is. Just turn the needle around (counter clockwise) twice and make sure you end it back onto 0
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: clocks
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2012, 17:26 »
i read somewhere you go round clockwise 2-3 times then anticlockwise and stop it just after 0 by a really tiny bit cause when you turn on the ignition it will move slightly up if that makes sense