Author Topic: Air Con fixed now fan won't turn off  (Read 1318 times)

Offline golf1992

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Air Con fixed now fan won't turn off
« on: 17 April 2012, 13:34 »
 I finally have my AC in my Golf GTI 2.0 1992 model, it was out of gas, the thing is ever since the fan of the car wont turn off, NOT EVEN when the AC is turned off. Even when the car is cold right as I turn the key of the car (witouth turning the engine on) the fan starts to spin as crazy at all times (of course if I start the engine it keeps turning)

 I tooked to some electrician and he open the bonnet, right by the fan there is the module of three relays, under this module there is a plug, he unpluged and the fan keep turning. He did un-pluged one of the three relays (the one of the right) and the fan stop turning. He checked the electric conection and everything seemed fine.

 Then he pluged the relay again, but this time the fan did not turn on (the key was turn but the engine not started), I started the engine and the fan still was not turning, then I start the AC and as normal the fan started to spin. Then I turned off the AC and the fan stopped spinning...we tried a few times everything normal and great.

 As soon as I drive off, I turn on the AC and the fan starts turning...BUT I turn the AC off and NOW the fan won't turn off again. I stopped the car, did what he did, unplug the relay and put it again, all the steps I saw and no matter how many times I repeat the fan does not stop spinning!!!

 I'm worried because the fan is not stopping any second!!!

 Can somebody help me out what is going on and why the AC activates de fan and now it does not turn off and how to fixed it.

 Thanks in advance.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Air Con fixed now fan won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2012, 13:36 »
Well as a guess you have a faulty fan control relay or switch

Offline golf1992

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Re: Air Con fixed now fan won't turn off
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2012, 13:40 »
 I suppose, the thing this all started as soon as the AC got fixed and starting using it...and it's strange that everything worked fine when the electrician gave it a tried but when I do it doesnt worked again...the curse of the un-professional hands I suppose...;-p

Offline golf1992

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 32
Re: Air Con fixed now fan won't turn off
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2012, 09:23 »

 I found the problem...it was a faulty connection of the AC, under the car, in the left side, there is a cable plug which seems to connect the AC with the fan and internally must be having some type of bad cable, moving it a little bit solve the problem and now the AC and the fan works fine...;-)