Author Topic: rear door question  (Read 1261 times)

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
rear door question
« on: 15 April 2012, 12:48 »
Hi all.Do any of you know if a rear door from a mk3 estate is the same as a door from a mk3 hatchback ?.

I need a nearside rear door in mystic blue for a hatchback and have only managed to find a good one from an estate.Seller says they are the same but i cannot find anything through "search" to confirm that so thought i'd ask here.

Thanks.

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: rear door question
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2012, 13:29 »
I believe they are the same.

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: rear door question
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2012, 15:32 »
There were some Mystic Blue doors on the old bay late last week going fairly cheap.

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
Re: rear door question
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2012, 16:35 »
Thanks.I saw one on ebay with 99p start get no bids,was scratched though.Other's are too far,do'nt fancy risking one getting posted in case of damage.Cost more to return it than it's worth.

Iv'e found a perfect one off an estate not far from me for £25.I just need to be certain it will fit a hatchback.

If anyone knows for sure please let me know ?.I'm gonna try VW's tomorrow anyway,see if the part numbers match.

Thanks.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: rear door question
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2012, 16:54 »
Estate is different top I believe so will not fit a hatch.

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
Re: rear door question
« Reply #5 on: 15 April 2012, 18:18 »
Thanks for all your help.Estate rear doors are different from hatchback.The top is not as curved,the quarterlight is squarer at the top and they are slightly longer as well.Shame as door was immacualte !.