Author Topic: So how low ca you go!!!  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #20 on: 16 April 2012, 08:22 »
Keep it level as they look odd with one end up and one end down. Try around a 60mm drop all round for good looks and practicality  :cool:

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #21 on: 16 April 2012, 11:31 »
Car reminds me so much of mine when I first got it.  :grin:

Ya need some wheel spacers. ;)

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #22 on: 16 April 2012, 12:52 »
Car reminds me so much of mine when I first got it.  :grin:

Ya need some wheel spacers. ;)

i need some better wheels before getting spacers lol.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline LazyLunatic

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,153
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #23 on: 16 April 2012, 23:03 »
Not sure how low mine is, but splitter catches a lot and speedbumps are a pain. But hey, let it scrape! Still drive it like a normal car (apart from speedbumps lol).


Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2012, 06:32 »
Not sure how low mine is, but splitter catches a lot and speedbumps are a pain. But hey, let it scrape! Still drive it like a normal car (apart from speedbumps lol).





Very cool looking car!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #25 on: 17 April 2012, 13:03 »
yeah man that is one sexy ass car!
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #26 on: 17 April 2012, 13:13 »
Not sure how low mine is, but splitter catches a lot and speedbumps are a pain. But hey, let it scrape! Still drive it like a normal car (apart from speedbumps lol).



Hey man, really like where your number plate is at the front was thinking of the same idea but wasnt sure, now iv seen it id like to give it ago. but im wondering how you went about smoothing over the front bumper? 

anyone any idea if square plates are road legal?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #27 on: 17 April 2012, 13:17 »
Have you ever seen a square plate on a car?  :laugh:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #28 on: 17 April 2012, 18:01 »
hah i think he means on a non import etc one

iv been running square plates now for a year and no issues.
BUT if your going to swap plates then at least smooth your recess over first

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: So how low ca you go!!!
« Reply #29 on: 17 April 2012, 18:13 »
Course they are legal.

I might sell my bumpers? All smoothed front and back. The front has lower vent ducts moulded in.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr