Author Topic: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today  (Read 3883 times)

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2012, 11:47 »
Ok I've tried more test there is fuel getting all the way to the car so um stuck now is it the carb that's done , does it have itts own relay or duesc

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2012, 20:13 »
oh yes - single point injection....  Its powered by the ECU and the ECU relay (no 30).  But if it runs, its likely there is no issue with either.

Best get a auto electrical guy out I guess.  I was thinking of the multipoint injection when I said the wires crack on the loom, not sure on the SPI's of the cable routing etc.

Sounds like pump, filter and pipes ok, but injector not opening / failed / stuck etc.  Sounds like crank/cam sensor ok as it runs with carb cleaner.

James
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #12 on: 15 April 2012, 20:48 »
Where are they and would it be wor :lipsrsealed:th getting another carb an trying that thanks for the help

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #13 on: 15 April 2012, 21:23 »
worth a go I suppose, but depends if this is 'the' fault or not.
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2012, 11:20 »
I'll test power feed to it first then have the carb off sick of it now

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2012, 11:25 »
if you have a test light (LED not lamp) you should see a flickering between Live and trigger (its trigger is switched to gnd) - kinda the reverse from normal (gnd->live), when its cranking.

James
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2012, 15:19 »
Ok I have a lamp will try ill have to see what wires what an it just flickers when trying to turn over you say so its as if its just jetting, may save cash on a carb

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #17 on: 24 April 2012, 19:55 »
Ok not tried new carb yet but tried new injector an wireing to it at carb but no joy, its only reading 5v at the conector to the injector could that be the prob and why would it under power it ?. I'm stuck now

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2012, 15:27 »
Ok tried new carb still wount run stuck now what realy would it be what can I do

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #19 on: 27 April 2012, 15:33 »
Dunno.  Probably best to get a mechanic to look at it - we've tried the obvious and sounds like something else is going on...
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.