Author Topic: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today  (Read 3875 times)

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« on: 06 April 2012, 21:28 »
My cl estate cut out today as towed home its not fueling u can hear realay clicking so I checked fuel pump an when u turn key it pushes abit of fuel out the out aria pipe so I'm stuck is it the fuel pump just not pushing enough if so how do u get the out I got ring off an pulled top up but how do u get bottom white bit out that's in tank

Offline mattrobinson1982

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 603
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2012, 22:00 »
Probably the pump failing, they get 'lazy' over time and just stop delivering the right pressure needed to run the car. if you remove the top, unscrew the ring it should just lift out.

Hope that helps

Matt

Offline N2AE86

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 18
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #2 on: 11 April 2012, 11:51 »
Sitting over the tank facing the front of the car grab the top of the pump unit (the white body you can see and twist it 1/4 way anticlockwise - it will pop free.

The base of the tank and the pump have a simple locking mechnanism.  Then you just need to carefully wriggle the pump, pipes and the fuel level sender out of the tank.  Beware of fdamaging the fuel level sender arm.


Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #3 on: 11 April 2012, 21:22 »
Fitted a gti pump bit diff ro original fuel level bits diff but still not running but its pushing fuel from out bit it was a 2nd hand pump off running car could there vw a block like the injector what's best to check now it runs on car cleaner to air box so defo a fuel prob

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2012, 12:05 »
can we have some punctuation so we can understand you?
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #5 on: 14 April 2012, 16:22 »
Ok so my car stoped running, its not fueling it has a spark an runs with a spray of carb cleanner so defo a fuel prob.
I've tried a different fuel pump an still no luck both pumps seem to send fuel as without the out pipe on the pump it kicks fuel out. Unsure where I should try now any one help

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2012, 17:05 »
does the pump run when u crank the engine?

could be fuel pump relay.
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2012, 17:34 »
Just tried a relay its not that, when I take the pipe off the fuel pump that goes to the engine from the pump an turn key it kicks out fuel so it seems to work, so I'm stuck could it be a block in pipe or injector or could it be 2 duff pumps that pump but not enough to reach engine. I cant here pump make a noise though I don't know if you do on a golf

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2012, 20:15 »
could be filter, or injector wiring?  quite common for the loom to break up.
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline ruffryder

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 51
Re: 1.8 cl wont run not fueling cut out today
« Reply #9 on: 14 April 2012, 21:22 »
Ok ill check the out on the filter ill have to find the wire to injector, an how do you mean breaks up u mean the wires crack in the loom