Author Topic: Vr6 stem seals  (Read 1831 times)

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Vr6 stem seals
« on: 31 March 2012, 09:45 »
How do I remove them? Just a case of long nose pliers and a good yank?

Also refitting new ones, how do I go about this job properly?

Many thanks, Leigh.
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Vr6 stem seals
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2012, 10:36 »
How do I remove them? Just a case of long nose pliers and a good yank?

Yes, they should just pull off.


Also refitting new ones, how do I go about this job properly?

The new ones should have a sleeve that goes over the top of the valve so that when you slide the seal down over it does not get damaged.

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: Vr6 stem seals
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2012, 10:40 »
Cheers Wayne, I'll find something flat and tap them on gently.

Old vs new

Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Vr6 stem seals
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2012, 22:10 »
They look fooked :shocked:

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: Vr6 stem seals
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2012, 22:52 »
They look fooked :shocked:

I bent them with the pliers but they are regardless lol

Got them all on and the patience testing task of fitting all the collets on the top of valves  :smiley:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Vr6 stem seals
« Reply #5 on: 01 April 2012, 00:09 »
Use a bit of grease to hold the collets in place while you release the spring  :wink:

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: Vr6 stem seals
« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2012, 00:24 »
Aye, I quickly learnt that  :grin:
Dont lose your dinosaur!