Author Topic: MPG  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: MPG
« Reply #20 on: 17 March 2012, 09:23 »
It was the most boring motorway journey I've ever done though.  :laugh:

:grin:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2012, 18:08 »

that's why it's imperetive to have a good selection of tunes on board!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 21 March 2012, 16:03 »
Mr snoopy.

You must never ever ever ever put your foot down ever to get the mpg that high. I can see 35 on a b road drive slowing and gentle speeding back up but the second I give it some stick it drops to 25 at best then take another 20 miles to get over 30. I see quite often 10 mpg and that's not even trying to break the little golf its just having fun in my gti.

I might be wrong but that's how fsi works, it's very economical when your driving like an oap something like 1 part fuel to 27 parts air but when you boot it it turns into a cosworth style lump doing 1 fuel to 7 parts air. Don't quote me on that by the way it's what I've heard.
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.

Offline Kerrse

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 21 March 2012, 16:06 »
Mr snoopy.

You must never ever ever ever put your foot down ever to get the mpg that high. I can see 35 on a b road drive slowing and gentle speeding back up but the second I give it some stick it drops to 25 at best then take another 20 miles to get over 30. I see quite often 10 mpg and that's not even trying to break the little golf its just having fun in my gti.

I might be wrong but that's how fsi works, it's very economical when your driving like an oap something like 1 part fuel to 27 parts air but when you boot it it turns into a cosworth style lump doing 1 fuel to 7 parts air. Don't quote me on that by the way it's what I've heard.

The diesel can be similar i can 65mpg but if floor it, it can drop down to 30  :rolleyes: :grin:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #24 on: 21 March 2012, 17:20 »

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 March 2012, 17:27 »
33mpg is the worst I've had, I reckon I can do sub 20mpg...

Will report back after the weekend.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline NORTHERNER

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 21 March 2012, 17:35 »
I am getting over 38 MPG on the same run that my mark 5 got 32 MPG... I am very happy!!
Mk 5 GTi, Tornado Red, Leather, Xenons, 18" Monza II's, Sunroof, 6CD in Armrest, Winter pack & Tinted Windows... soon to be adding ED30 front spoiler, plus R32 sideskirts... then getting fully colour coded!
New engine fitted when car was at 27k... last one went "noisey".

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 21 March 2012, 18:03 »
filled my car up yesterday at corbridge shell garage, which is usually more expensive as its in the country.

was running on fumes (0 miles on MFD) and it took £80! 149.9p a litre for v-power. when i first got the car i could fill it for around £65-£70. and its going up again in the summer! fecking tories. :sick:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 21 March 2012, 18:11 »

Motorway journey's are supposed be boring, thats what the quiet twisties are for! :evil:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Will@carbon

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 21 March 2012, 19:38 »
 38mpg, 43mpg..

My rubbish golf (edit: with an awsome gearbox, boy and head unit) must be broken then, if I could afford the fuel, or stand the road noise or put up with the stupid standard map I'd take it to Vw.

« Last Edit: 21 March 2012, 19:40 by Will@carbon »
I don't believe in global warming, sorry.
How are speed bumps legal?
I dislike lorry drivers who block lanes in traffic.
All burglars must die slowly ASAP.