Author Topic: Back on the road  (Read 2716 times)

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Back on the road
« on: 13 March 2012, 19:27 »
 :smiley: new front wheel bearings, new hubs, new lower arms, new bushes and ball joints, new track rods new discs and pads and new coilovers ....... And new (to me at least) ATS cups with nice stretch  :smiley:...looks and feels awesome. I love my mk3


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2012, 22:28 »
Nothing beats that feeling....   Bet it feels tight up front now.

 :smiley:
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!


Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2012, 07:34 »
It's like a new car....loving it


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2012, 22:54 »
What tyres size did you use to strech? got some ATS cups on the way thinking of stretch tyres.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2012, 23:05 »
What width your cups searh?

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2012, 23:17 »
erm :-/ got me there picking them up thursday, just been looking around and well tbh im slightly confused about offset and tyres the look id like to go for is a nice stance do i do this by getting bigger wheels for the rear and smaller ones for the front? i assume not any garage will stretch your wheels either lol. (i'm assuming 7j tho)
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2012, 23:31 »
Tbh i rekon youll struggle to get decent stretch on a 7 ,maybe 155 or 165 but could end up with a pram wheel look :undecided:

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2012, 23:33 »
stick to 195/50/15? spacers on rear?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2012, 23:37 »
195 will have no stretch atall on 7j, here my 195s ona 8j

josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Back on the road
« Reply #9 on: 12 June 2012, 23:52 »
195 will have no stretch atall on 7j, here my 195s ona 8j



very nice man, yeah i know there be no stretch 175/50 would be a stretch ;-)

but would 195/50/15 fit ok no rubbing on the coilovers?
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6