Author Topic: zender wheels  (Read 1090 times)

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
zender wheels
« on: 25 May 2005, 13:01 »
hi
bought some nice zender deep dish five spokes and have got them up mirror finish.  Can't find the offset on them.  One of the wheels has e25 on it, would this be the offset and if so are they gonna be alright on a mk2 thats lowrd 40mm cheers
sh!ttin myself about wether these wheells are gonna fit now

Offline tobz.

• I live here
Re: zender wheels
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2005, 13:22 »
ET25 is the offset, standard offset is 38 so your rims are gonna sit 13mm further out than standard. What size are the rims? If they are bigger than 15's I would say you are definately in for some archwork. If they are 15's you might be lucky but with it being lowered I would think the rear arches might need some work. sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.
I'm running 15's with an ET30 offset without any lowering on my 16v and I still get the very occasional scrape on the rear when driving quick on uneven roads.

You got any pics of your dad's split ?

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2005, 14:13 »
i run et25 15x7  195/50r15 tyres on my car at the mo, and it does scrub when there people in the back. the scrub is only enough to rub the letterin of the tyres its not cutting into the tyres

if you where to run 195/45r15 tyres i reckon u wouldnt get scrubbage, either that or 195/50 tyres that have a straight tyre wall instead of rim protector ones

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2005, 18:16 »
welp thx for your help, got the wheels on and put 195/55/15s on think i made a mistake.  The guy who put the tyres on has f**ked one of my alloys and i'm not even sure if i like them now  :sad:
Oh and it does scrub like a dishcloth
 :cry:

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2005, 18:36 »
u got pics of them?  :smiley:
:)

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2005, 18:47 »
will try and sort some out to post up, tbh tho i think im just gonna take them off