Author Topic: It's Here  (Read 21618 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: It's Here
« Reply #30 on: 25 March 2012, 22:23 »
It all depends on your bartering skills really but I think 10-15% is achievable...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 27 March 2012, 20:49 »
Thanks I will try and talk her into trying for that discount .

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 31 March 2012, 21:50 »
Forgot to ask Mr GTD what have you got on ure car re polish or wax and did you get the dealer to do it ?
Thanks

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 31 March 2012, 23:15 »
Forgot to ask Mr GTD what have you got on ure car re polish or wax and did you get the dealer to do it ?
Thanks

As far as I know, nothing! didn't go the paint protection route with the dealer as it gets cleaned once a week anyway,

To clean the exterior I use grease lightning's "Showroom Shine" I've used it now for a few years...but I fancy a change now so once I run out of stuff I will purchasing some different products!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 31 March 2012, 23:23 »
Thanks

As far as I know, nothing! didn't go the paint protection route with the dealer as it gets cleaned once a week anyway,

To clean the exterior I use grease lightning's "Showroom Shine" I've used it now for a few years...but I fancy a change now so once I run out of stuff I will purchasing some different products!

Get some protection on there mate.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Collinite 476S. I've used it exclusively for 4 years. It's very durable and looks fine, regardless of what people say. I would never try anything else as I don't feel that I need to!

I've been very happy using Autoglym SRP, EGP and then Colly 476. SRP and EGP are both very good products, but they're often ignored (wrongfully, imo) probably because of the AG name and also because they're mainstream products available from Halfords -- although probably available for cheaper online  :grin:

With all 3 of them, just remember, less is more  :nerd:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 31 March 2012, 23:29 »
Thanks

I can wholeheartedly recommend Collinite 476S. I've used it exclusively for 4 years. It's very durable and looks fine, regardless of what people say. I would never try anything else as I don't feel that I need to!

I've been very happy using Autoglym SRP, EGP and then Colly 476. SRP and EGP are both very good products, but they're often ignored (wrongfully, imo) probably because of the AG name and also because they're mainstream products available from Halfords -- although probably available for cheaper online  :grin:

Cheers mate, was actually gonna do a thread and see what peeps recommend but you've saved the hassle LOL

Will order the Coly in the next couple days!

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 31 March 2012, 23:35 »
Thanks

Cheers mate, was actually gonna do a thread and see what peeps recommend but you've saved the hassle LOL

I'm sure many will disagree but if you Google then you will get a LOT of good reviews. You honestly can't beat it IMO it has absolutely fantastic durability, will easily last a winter if you don't touch it & still be beading nicely afterwards. I would never change my sealant/wax as it does such a good job, and that's what it's supposed to do, seal the paintwork. When the weather gets a bit nicer, I will prep my car properly, and may consider a different polish/filler & glaze but we'll see  :grin:

I would also recommend Autosmart Tardis and CarPro IronX --- the IronX especially, again Google it and even see if there are any videos on YouTube. A lot easier + quicker and less risky than claying with an aggressive clay. When I picked my car up it had SO MUCH ind fallout on it and Iron X got rid of it all. We only had a mild clay and that didn't even touch the stuff!

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #37 on: 31 March 2012, 23:38 »
That's what I've been using too.
I also use a product called jetseal 109 sealer on the wheels and once or twice on the body.
I have used poorboys and dodo waxed before but um lazy and find colinite lasts longer
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 01 April 2012, 16:30 »
Thanks

I'm sure many will disagree but if you Google then you will get a LOT of good reviews. You honestly can't beat it IMO it has absolutely fantastic durability, will easily last a winter if you don't touch it & still be beading nicely afterwards. I would never change my sealant/wax as it does such a good job, and that's what it's supposed to do, seal the paintwork. When the weather gets a bit nicer, I will prep my car properly, and may consider a different polish/filler & glaze but we'll see  :grin:

I would also recommend Autosmart Tardis and CarPro IronX --- the IronX especially, again Google it and even see if there are any videos on YouTube. A lot easier + quicker and less risky than claying with an aggressive clay. When I picked my car up it had SO MUCH ind fallout on it and Iron X got rid of it all. We only had a mild clay and that didn't even touch the stuff!

That's what I've been using too.
I also use a product called jetseal 109 sealer on the wheels and once or twice on the body.
I have used poorboys and dodo waxed before but um lazy and find colinite lasts longer

Cheers lads!

I'm off now to buy a couple of bits!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 01 April 2012, 17:00 »
Been looking for the products mentioned but is there a place where I can buy it all at the same time?