Author Topic: Back to the fold  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
Back to the fold
« on: 20 February 2012, 16:29 »
Hi.
After having a mk5 gti and a mk5 gti ed 30.  I went weak, my knees trembled, and I went to the dark side.
(bought a BMW 123d then a Ford Kuga).

I have now fully recovered and seen the light again.

For April delivery.
White ed 35, sat nav, rear camera, fold mirrors, flat tyre thingy,dynaudio and multi function colour display.

Am I forgiven ????
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
Re: Back to the fold
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2012, 16:42 »
Hi.
After having a mk5 gti and a mk5 gti ed 30.  I went weak, my knees trembled, and I went to the dark side.

For April delivery.
White ed 35, sat nav, rear camera, fold mirrors, flat tyre thingy,dynaudio and multi function colour display.

Am I forgiven ????

Welcome back. Whoa ED30 to 123d, what were you thinking  :cry: Glad you have come to your senses and ED35 is the way to go and spec looks good too  :grin:
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2012, 18:15 »
I have to say, the 123d tempted me  - particularly in the 5th gear review when Plato summarised it as "the pace of a Golf GTI with diesel economy".

Buy anyway welcome back, the Edition 35 is a cracking car and I wish you many happy miles motoring in it.  :smiley:

Welcome to the forum.  :smiley:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2012, 18:43 »
Hi.

For April delivery.

Am I forgiven ????

Welcome back. Whoa ED30 to 123d, what were you thinking  :cry: Glad you have come to your senses and ED35 is the way to go and spec looks good too  :grin:

my mate just went from new 2011 M3 with SMG to a new 116i petrol as he is sick of the poor economy! only had it 5 months or so.

thats a serious change in style!
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2012, 18:56 »
Post up some photo's when you get the ed35...cracking motor... :smiley:

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2012, 20:17 »
Nice one welcome back! I too returned back with the 35 following a Ford, speaks volumes!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2012, 21:19 »
Welcome back....good hear you've seen the light!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2012, 21:25 »
Welcome back.

How did the 123d and Kuga compare with the mk5s?
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Whiteshirt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2012, 21:46 »
Welcome back.

How did the 123d and Kuga compare with the mk5s?

The 123d is a good car with a brilliant engine, similar performance to the gti with better economy. However it is the most
uncomfortable car I have ever driven (short road test did not identify this). The sports 123d had the run flats and hard suspension, plus the seats were narrow, which added up to a very very uncomfortable ride.
The Kuga, was the other extreme, very comfortable, high up, but it was like driving a boat in the sea.
I am punishing myself by telling you this......must think of the gti.....must think of the gti....must think...      Relax   
5door GTi white manual, Performance Pack  ACC  Discover Nav Pro  Winter Pack   Dynaudio  Pan roof   Park assist  Service Pack
All gone since 2001 some forgotten. Porsche Boxster/Cooper S Works/Merc CLK/Gti MK5/ Audi TT/ GTi Ed 30/BMW 123d/Ford Kuga/GTi Ed 35. All new all lost money, some a lot more than others.(except edition 35 which lost nothing  in 9 months other than its wings, suspension, roof etc))

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2012, 21:55 »
Sounds like you need a bit of GTI therapy to get over the mental anguish..

Enjoy.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.