Author Topic: mapping ko4'd agu  (Read 68115 times)

Offline dilbert

• GTI forum regular
Re: mapping ko4'd agu
« Reply #320 on: 22 March 2012, 19:10 »
i love it how its only a golf but kills most factory sports cars on the road,

love there faces when you fly past a yammaha r6 or up next to a bmw/ porsche etc  :grin:

mk4 golf 1.8 gti 20v

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #321 on: 22 March 2012, 19:24 »
wrapped manifolds I've seen tend to crack too :nerd:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #322 on: 05 June 2012, 14:07 »
Still going strong!  :cool:

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Yohan

• Here all the time
« Reply #323 on: 05 June 2012, 15:12 »
What boost levels are you running when making that power? i.e. what's your peak?

Offline DunnDeal12

• Limited
  • I live here
« Reply #324 on: 15 June 2012, 19:33 »
Surely that manni should be wrapped in a basalt fibre tape or summat!?

Its bad to wrap a manifold, you dont want to keep the heat in you want to get rid of it,  big turbo car tend to wrap the manifold to hold heat to help spooling.  The best way around it would be to wrap the parts around it in heat proof sheets.

Nick

what about ceramic coatings?

Offline Quackers

• Just got here
« Reply #325 on: 06 July 2012, 18:23 »
Got here a little late (page 33 ) but -

Is all this on standard AGU internals? And trying not to sound like a noddy, just read in another thread that once you're car has Revo software it then can't be mapped by a third party?! My car has 'Stage 1' Revo software (to tide me over until I can afford such luxuries as a Relentless manifold etc). Would be cheesed off if I thought I was going to have to faff around putting a standard ECU back before I can have you guys map it.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #326 on: 06 July 2012, 23:02 »
Got here a little late (page 33 ) but -

Is all this on standard AGU internals? And trying not to sound like a noddy, just read in another thread that once you're car has Revo software it then can't be mapped by a third party?! My car has 'Stage 1' Revo software (to tide me over until I can afford such luxuries as a Relentless manifold etc). Would be cheesed off if I thought I was going to have to faff around putting a standard ECU back before I can have you guys map it.

I think Rhyso maybe able to confirm your thoughts on not be able to map it if been done by revo....

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #327 on: 07 July 2012, 10:16 »
Some earlier revo codes locked out ECU's, but Niki can flash them back to standard first, then upload his own map onto them.

My old A3 daily drive had a revo trial locked out on the ECU, and it took Niki 2 1/2 hours to fix it rather than the usual 45mins or so, but it got there in the end and the results were well worth it :)