Author Topic: reidy22 - 1.8T  (Read 4542 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
reidy22 - 1.8T
« on: 06 February 2012, 16:46 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
Re: reidy22 - 1.8T
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2012, 17:33 »
cheers mate
thought it was time to leave vauxhall for a bit :(lol so got this on saturday there for an absolute bargain:)aka £750quid
golf mk4 turbo
GOOD BITS
aum engine code with k03s turbo
tinted windows
51plate
mint recaro interior
18s tsws look like bbs tbh
full cat back miltec
only done 116k miles
everything works as it should
such a smooth driving car
BAD BITS
no mot or tax
all it needs is front spring which i have
wing painted
couple headlights as both clips are broken
boot lock which i got today
and bonnet catch as bonnet doesnt shut properly
ANYWAYS ONTO PLANS BEFORE I PUT IT ON THE ROAD AROUND FEB MARCH TIME
mates putting downpipe de-cat on after mot then it has full 2.5inch turbo back on it
airfilter put the 1 of my old vxr on it today sounds well pulls abit better to
coilovers as sits like a tank lol on order
wheels done anthracite
roof done black possibly ??
euro rear lights split red and black
boost gauge and pod on order
wind deflectors on order
bonnet bra
change headlight bulbs and sidelight plus no plate bulbs all to ice white
remap once mot is done hopefully see 210 to 230bhp with mods
forge re-circ valve with yellow spring
fmic eventually be done when cars o  the road
took car down to my mates today to get painted etc so its away till end of january his dads ill atm
its in getting tailgate fully flushed ill add  popper
front and rear bumpers fully smoothed and wing then itll all be painted up
enjoy :)crap pics but its bad snow up here lol

so yesterday went down to the car to get some little bits fixed ie boot not locking so aquired one from the scrappy fitted that to notice the crack on my windscreen has got alot bigger lol so another thing to add to the list anywhos took front end off to replace bonnet catch took fooked bumper off waiting on r32 bumper coming its now tucked in the garage gettin smoothed and painted uo :)

got some more done today put uprated boost hose clamps on all my sidelight bulbs headlights fixed and back on bonnet now fixed and closed and stripped the back end ready for smoothing :)and front window tints off

r32 bumper finally arrived so all the bodywork shall be started this week :)

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2012, 17:36 »
r32 bumper fitted

forge recirc valve turned up yesterday with 3 different coloured springs for different level of boost along with clip kit full new set of locking wheel bolts and my badgeless grille shall be fitting them all this week as all the bodywork smoothing and painting is almost done :)

springs should be here tuesday

wee delivery came today my 60mm springs so tonight i shall fit them my recirc and a few other bits then its pretty much ready for mot

forge recirc now fitted rear springs fitted didnt do fronts as didnt have a 21mm swan neck spanner will do tomorrow and bumper and tailgate smoothed

fitted my springs tonight and cars now in primer getting painted on friday still having bother taking rear locking nuts off though

cars finally painted front bumper has been a nightmare to fit leason learned dont buy replicas just got to paint the mesh up but its good to go once trackrod end appears

bodywork complete ordered few more bits square front plate did a service on it fitted 2 new track ends wheels and grille being painted tomorrow night and cupra splitter has appeared

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2012, 17:37 »
last night i painted up the wheels ford graphite grey calipers fitted cupra splitter and painted the front mesh black and reemoved rear wiper so almost ready for mot now :)

bonnet bra has arrived get it fitted up tomorrow just waiting for a tyre and a windscreen then its mot time

bra fitted up

plasma gauge and pod has arrived fit it up tomorrow still waiting on my tyre been a week now

fitted gauge up after a couple hours was doing my head in lighting up but no boost showing on gauge finally found problem with the solenoid they sent is faulty wiring came apart from circuit board really pissed off tbh 1 of a few things that has went wrong today lol

Offline reidy22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2012, 15:46 »
boost gauge now works bit of a delay but should look good at night just windscrreeen and mot to go then decat and ,map shall be done
also have decided to do turn the golf into a bolf {BORA FRONT END CONVERSION} over the next 6months
smoked or angel eye headlights in black though badgeless grille either r-line front bumper
or standard bumper smoothed with a 4mo splitter will be collecting parts as and when they come up for winter changes this year so will look similar to this although smoked lights this is r-line bumper