Author Topic: My Mk3 Golf GTI - "Kermit the Gonto" - Huge pic heavy first post.  (Read 13025 times)

Offline Edwh0re

• Here all the time
Ive been to one or two of their meets, not many though.  I did also do a thread on the Renegade forum ages ago, haven't updated it in a while...big club but it seems not many use the forum...

Im always working every time Battlesbridge is on, same with Players at North Wield.  Shame as both are pretty much on my doorstep... :sad:

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Yeah both are on my door step too, I'm only a short trip down the M11 from you...

The renegade forum is like a ghost town...  :grin:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Edwh0re

• Here all the time
Shaved calipers....

Yup with the new brakes its a bit tight under there...quite literally a knats testicle between caliper and wheel :wtf:

I best get them calipers painted...

Offline stow1985

• I live here
TIGHT  :shocked:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
Better not put that caliper paint on too thick then!  :grin:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Edwh0re

• Here all the time
Yeah, I think I will wear the pads down a little first.   :grin:

They did look nice when first shaved, maybe I will sand them down and (if I can find some high temperature lacquer) lacquer them.... :undecided:

Offline Edwh0re

• Here all the time
Unfortunately I lost a centre cap last Sunday, so I have been hunting around urgently for a replacement (as the wheels just look gash without them and I wont run with one missing so I took them all off)...

Only 2 sellers on ebay with second hand ones available, both wanted at least £20 for them...

Volksmine to the rescue!  £14 with the VAT for a brand new replacement.  That'll do....

New one is on the left...

I don't know if the difference is so obvious in the pictures, but I reckon I am going to end up ordering another 3....

Offline stow1985

• I live here
looks like the one on the left has got an extra lip  :huh:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Yeah the outer lip on the new one looks flatter.

Offline Edwh0re

• Here all the time
It looks like that in the pics, but not in real life - the crap lighting in my missus's bedroom and the fact that the new one is about a million times shinier/cleaner than the used one is very deceiving.

Gonna do my level best to get the 3 used ones I have as cleaned up as much as possible before going back on the car, but I have a feeling I am going to be spending a good part of my day in McGuinesses Scrapyard in Stoke on Trent trying to get a bumper off of a Corsa B and swearing a lot  :rolleyes: