Author Topic: do i need ecu to match with transponder and key ? gti 8v  (Read 4803 times)

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: do i need ecu to match with transponder and key ? gti 8v
« Reply #20 on: 04 April 2012, 17:38 »
Right help me out guys. If I want to put a vr6 lump in my gti but want to keep my keys and alarm. Do I just need to unlock the vr6 ecu then match it to the gti?

Never had a straight answer before.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: do i need ecu to match with transponder and key ? gti 8v
« Reply #21 on: 04 April 2012, 18:54 »
Yes. Just reprogram VR6 ecu to match your transponder.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: do i need ecu to match with transponder and key ? gti 8v
« Reply #22 on: 04 April 2012, 20:42 »
Do I just need to unlock the vr6 ecu then match it to the gti?

Yes or if your lucky just switch the chip in the key.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: do i need ecu to match with transponder and key ? gti 8v
« Reply #23 on: 04 April 2012, 21:46 »
Sod it then. I might just put the vr lump in my gti and break the car  :smiley:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr