Author Topic: MW3  (Read 19346 times)

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
Re: MW3
« Reply #30 on: 04 November 2011, 08:44 »
The thing I found with MW2 was that it just wasn't very hard.

Even on hardened or veteran or whatever the top level was I could storm through levels without too much problem. The last level in particular, pick up a riot shield and you were unstoppable.

On BF3, first (proper level - not the train) level I think I died about 11-12 times in a row in quick succession. BF3 just feels more like a challenge, and I don't get nearly as rage filled when playing it.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 04 November 2011, 11:15 »
Some online gameplay here.

Really just looks exactly the same as MW2 , with new maps. Even the menus look very similar.

http://youtu.be/8A9OmsyvoWg

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #32 on: 04 November 2011, 12:13 »
Am I the only one that loved MW2? Still play it now.

Offline Ninja

• I live here
  • 19 smiles per gallon
« Reply #33 on: 04 November 2011, 12:28 »

I liked it too. However, I stopped because of:

Cheaters, hackers, modders, glitchers and general f*cktards.

Remember the mod where if you got shot by someone who was the host of the modded server your rank got reset to like -10000000

Idiots.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 04 November 2011, 12:33 »

I did like the game and put many hours in to it, but like Vdub says above, was a lot of hackers, boosters, glitches ect in the game.

Plus IW were very very lazy in patching the game to fix issues. Look at the rock glitch on fuel. Everyone knew you could hide in the rock but took IW well over 6 months to even patch that.

Then of course you had commando! Being able to knife someone when standing about 4 miles away from them!

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 04 November 2011, 12:42 »

I liked it too. However, I stopped because of:

Cheaters, hackers, modders, glitchers and general f*cktards.

Remember the mod where if you got shot by someone who was the host of the modded server your rank got reset to like -10000000

Idiots.

I spoke to a hacker to get all my guns back in the end. It was a good game but those hackers took the piss!

I can see 'revenge' being a problem personaly
:)

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 04 November 2011, 12:49 »
Is anyone going to sign up to the elite thing?

I also hear dedicated MW3 servers will be available. Any truth in this?

MW2 was good but after playing Blops, I found MW2 was crap in terms of graphics and gameplay. Plus there's lots of hackers still around on there! Biggest issues I have are lag, low signal strengths and recurrent host migration.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #37 on: 04 November 2011, 13:16 »
Blops won't be touched once I get this.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 04 November 2011, 13:49 »
off topic but how can i save all my ps3 data onto a usb stick without doing all the data packs and game data individually??  :undecided:

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 04 November 2011, 16:37 »
On BF3, first (proper level - not the train) level I think I died about 11-12 times in a row in quick succession. BF3 just feels more like a challenge, and I don't get nearly as rage filled when playing it.

You see, this is the reason Im going off BF3 already and have been losing the will to play a lot of shooters as much as I used to. If you go back to COD and COD 2, the games were pretty well balanced, no heavy focus on graphics, no stupidly hectic gameplay and the game lasted and made you go back for more (I still play COD2 occasionally as it was just that good). Now that the games are so heavily graphics focussed though, if you turn the difficulty down, you can get through in much less than half of the time it would take to get through COD on easy for example but you dont get through so fast on the harder modes just because they are stupidly hard at certain points and it takes you at least 5 deaths to find that single route that will let you avoid the magnetic bullets (even on normal difficulty I have yet to find a recent game that lasts more than 7hrs of gameplay). As for the storylines, is it me or are they not all the same anyway (I certainly think BF3 has nabbed all of its cues from MW MW2 and Blops in the way the story is told)? They dont add to the game in the same way as say Assasins creeds story does, they just fill in the loading screens.
I might sound like Im whinging and not very good at these games but I dont think Im that bad a player, I certainly used to put enough hours in online on SOF2, CS, COD, COD2, MW, BF2 etc and can still surprise my mates on console on the rare occasions that I give in and use one of those hatefull controllers as well as on the rare occasions I play online on PC (on MW2 I could consistently stay in the top 10% regardless of the map and quality of opposition). The games certainly look amazing now (on PC anyway) but I just think they have lost something in that quest for detailed graphics and would rather confuse you than actually give you gameplay and longevity.