Author Topic: mk5 git dsg grills open or no hole?  (Read 3689 times)

Offline antman

• Just got here
mk5 git dsg grills open or no hole?
« on: 01 May 2005, 11:03 »
Can any one help ? reading an article on the GTI+ magazine saying that :on the manual gear box its has got 5 holes on each side of the grills.whereas on the dsg its needs more holes air to cool it, so it should fully open.
but on mine not even got a single hole. been a few times to the vw dealer , first they didn't know anything about it , so they order the part, first they thought they ordered the wrong part (the one with no hole) so ordered the second time the manufacturer told them they stopped making that part anymore. Still no one couldn't tell  why my car doesn't need  any holes to cool the gear box . and they said mine doesn't needed .
:sad:

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
  • MK 5 R32, 3 door, DBP, Recaros on order
Re: mk5 git dsg grills open or no hole?
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2005, 13:15 »
I have heard of this before too.

I have a manual and I have no holes or maybe 1 on mine but I have seen other manuals with more on them.

Not sure what the significance of it is and I wouldnt expect a decent answer from the stealers either.

Offline pregamon

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2005, 15:37 »
My DSG GTI has a large open hole on its right lower bomper grille. I don't know if its because of our climate here in asia.

Offline scotty4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2005, 12:28 »
hi there, the holes are there to help cool down the front brakes!!!! :smiley:
MK5 GTI BLUE GRAPHITE 3 DOOR

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2005, 19:12 »
hi there, the holes are there to help cool down the front brakes!!!! :smiley:

Disagree with that comment because why would the manual and DSG need different amounts of holes as the brakes are the same. Also, later models have no holes and the holes are nowhere near the brakes anyway.

Offline scotty4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2005, 19:49 »
when i was buying my gti, the saleman was looking at my celica and comented on the paint wear on the alloys.

he stated this would not happen due to the holes at each end of the front grill.dont really know if this is correct, but if you

look at a lot of the newly second hand gti, some have 1, some have more holes. who knows?

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2005, 22:51 »
Fair one mate, I wouldnt believe all the dealer tells you, cos half the time they just make it up to stop themselves looking stupid. At the end of the day who gives a **** how many holes it has, as long as the car goes it makes no odds. As I said mine has none, and I couldnt care less, I think some people are just worrying over nothing.

When do you get yours and what spec/colour did you order?

Offline scotty4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2005, 12:09 »
17/10/05- blue graphite standard no extras, could not afford them this time round. although i will be happy to pay the 20350, i think any more will be too much!!

is it as good as they say!!

Offline GTiMK5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 05 June 2005, 18:16 »

Yes

Offline rega3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2005, 21:58 »

Yes

I second that.

Picked my Red 5dr DSG on Friday and if anything it has exceeded my expectations. An absolutely superb car, just a very complete package. Well worth the wait, I waited nearly four months for mine.