Author Topic: non OEM Xenons  (Read 21636 times)

Jimmymature

Re: non OEM Xenons - GROUP BUY
« Reply #130 on: 15 November 2011, 19:24 »
Chilly, I suspect TPS aren't giving you the full story, there is loads of parts involved and from conversations I have had with a local dealer there is no chance your going to get all the parts for that price.

Also TPS won't supply the extra bits like wiring adapters.

In your experience Steve how much would OEM Xenons cost (not fairy light version)

Cheers,

Jim

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #131 on: 15 November 2011, 19:26 »
Not priced it up for a while, but much nearer £1k at trade prices when you include the everything as new OEM parts.

Jimmymature

« Reply #132 on: 15 November 2011, 19:31 »
Not priced it up for a while, but much nearer £1k at trade prices when you include the everything as new OEM parts.

:cry:

Thanks Steve.

Jim

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #133 on: 15 November 2011, 19:48 »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #134 on: 17 November 2011, 16:50 »
Chilly, I suspect TPS aren't giving you the full story, there is loads of parts involved and from conversations I have had with a local dealer there is no chance your going to get all the parts for that price.

Also TPS won't supply the extra bits like wiring adapters.

Yes steve you can say that again. After making another phone call and quoting the price they had given me previously was indeed like i said £620 for the lights and no kit, the chap told me he thought it came with bulbs and just had to buy the looms etc etc seperate.

So the final Tally is £1,278 inc vat.

Which includes for mk6 2 lights 2 looms 2 control units and 2 sets of bulbs. So your £1000 is cheap for oem mate. Is that cheap god knows but compared to Hazy Days at £1450 + vat its a saving. Knowing you guys you could possibly make a saving by buying the lights and sourcing the looms control units and bulbs else where. I look forward to eating more humble pie :smiley:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #135 on: 17 November 2011, 17:32 »
Then you have to fit them - which isn't fun - I'm about to do a full install on Mrs Docs TIG, I have the lamp units complete with ECCS and bulbs but intend fitting the cornering unit, self levelling and headlamp wash  :smiley:

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #136 on: 17 November 2011, 17:46 »
Then you have to fit them - which isn't fun - I'm about to do a full install on Mrs Docs TIG, I have the lamp units complete with ECCS and bulbs but intend fitting the cornering unit, self levelling and headlamp wash  :smiley:

Yes Doc and that was without the cornering unit and self levelling system. Im full up now Doc so no more pie please :sad:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #137 on: 17 November 2011, 18:20 »
 :wink:

Where are these retro fit units were playing with then or are you giving it a miss now?

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #138 on: 17 November 2011, 20:17 »
Customs at Heathrow! A minor glitch, hopefully be here next week  :angry:

APR Stage 2+

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #139 on: 21 November 2011, 10:15 »
FFS - how long has it been?