Author Topic: non OEM Xenons  (Read 21627 times)

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
Re: non OEM Xenons - GROUP BUY
« Reply #120 on: 15 November 2011, 14:14 »
Does £620 include all that is required,  bulbs etc ?

As much as I love the Golf I have I'm considering selling up to get a car with xenons as really miss not only the output but the look too :(

That price was trade and the chap i spoke to at TPS said it included complete lights and kit to fit. You may have to have the new loom at the back of the light to accomadate them which just plugs in abit like the led rears and may be an additional cost. I spoke to the guy at Hazy Days and he said it was no major surgery.

Sorry spin i have to say mate my post was only another option you may wish to try and if you want more info then ring TPS as ive got some flak for presenting other options in the past. Good luck with it if you go that way as im going to get some for mine off them. Cheers Chillly
« Last Edit: 15 November 2011, 14:48 by Chillly »

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #121 on: 15 November 2011, 15:12 »
Spin: You can't be serious wanting to re-buy your ancient S3? March forwards or stay still.
I won't be spending anymore on poor Wolfgang, apart from a new/mint Monza Shadow, as I am now eagerly waiting for my Mk7 GTI after the first quarter of 2013. Can't wait.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2011, 15:38 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #122 on: 15 November 2011, 15:27 »
Spin: You can't be serious wanting to re-buy your ancient S3? March forwards or stay still.
I won't be spending anymore, apart from a new/mint Monza Shadow as I am now eagerly waiting for my Mk7 GTI after the first quarter of 2013. Can't wait.
My ancient S3 is actually newer than the Golf - a 2010 model v 2009 and was built to my exact spec,  I decided to get sensible after 7 months of ownership and get a TT TDI as one of the slowest depreciating cars but hated the gearbox/engine combo.
Luckily at the time a good friend of mine was general sales manager at an Audi delaership so I was well looked after.

An affordable solution to xenons and LED rears would sort it for me.
Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #123 on: 15 November 2011, 15:30 »

As much as I love the Golf I have I'm considering selling up to get a car with xenons as really miss not only the output but the look too :(

That price was trade and the chap i spoke to at TPS said it included complete lights and kit to fit. You may have to have the new loom at the back of the light to accomadate them which just plugs in abit like the led rears and may be an additional cost. I spoke to the guy at Hazy Days and he said it was no major surgery.

Sorry spin i have to say mate my post was only another option you may wish to try and if you want more info then ring TPS as ive got some flak for presenting other options in the past. Good luck with it if you go that way as im going to get some for mine off them. Cheers Chillly
Thanks Chilly much appreciated,  spoke to Hazy Days earlier in the year,  they wanted £1400+ for old type lights (non LED DRL).
I know it shouldn't be so important but once you have had xenons its hard to adapt.  Your advice very much appreciated :smiley:
Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #124 on: 15 November 2011, 15:30 »
I went from a mk5 with xenons to a mk6 without and now back to xenons again. I do alot of my driving in darkness on country roads, but I really havent noticed a huge difference both with or without  :undecided:

Up to you I guess spin... but not worth the extra cash unless spec'd from new

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #125 on: 15 November 2011, 15:56 »

Thanks Chilly much appreciated,  spoke to Hazy Days earlier in the year,  they wanted £1400+ for old type lights (non LED DRL).
I know it shouldn't be so important but once you have had xenons its hard to adapt.  Your advice very much appreciated :smiley:

Spin i join these forums to be helped and to help others along the way of enjoying my GTI and saving a few quid along the way. You learn so much from people and enjoy it so much more. Good luck and enjoy as xenons look awesome and when you see them coming down the road the first thing you say is i WANT some :cool:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #126 on: 15 November 2011, 16:18 »

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it  :wink:

On topic - ANY pics of these TPS ones please?

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
« Reply #127 on: 15 November 2011, 16:33 »

It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it  :wink:

On topic - ANY pics of these TPS ones please?

Fun boy 3 springs to mind. Doc if you click the web site for TPS you will see they are oem and get all there stuff from VW uk and if anyone wants to check ring. And to be honest mate im not doing any more than that. Sorry Doc but all ive done is say try these or try those. Come on Doc you can see i do not own these companies and all im trying to do is help and be helped and enjoy my car.

I mean someone said to me we dont want to Know about Non oem wheels and you look at there posts and they are interested in non oem headlights. Talk about have ago at me and for what helpling. Doc we will leave it at that mate as im here to enjoy and help and be helped. No reply needed mate peace!!!!

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #128 on: 15 November 2011, 17:27 »
Spin:
If your GTI is an early 2009 model, your electronics might have problems supporting Xenons and rear LEDs. Exonian had problems with his previous 2009 GTI. He got bulb out warnings with the rear LEDs and his BCM would not support Bi-Xenons. Considering this, you might be right in wanting to ditch this car for a newer model or a complete change of make. Whatever you do, best of luck.
In fact, I went through the Bi-Xenon fracas and eventually felt it was not worth the hassle. One forum member who is most educated on this subject and on all subjects relating to Golf Mk6s is mike. who has done a complete Bi-Xenon installation without cutting any corners. He can give you clear and detailed answers to all your questions. Also, look at the Bi-Xenon installation thread.

Chillly:
Your contributions are helpful and provide a fresh take on some tired subjects. Regarding my wishes to purchase non-OEM lights and an OEM wheel for my car has an absolute logic. (a) For the lights: my BCM will not support a full Xenon install including the cornering and levelling function so a plug and play system with OEM looks would be nice and (b) I need to replace a non mint OEM wheel with a similar one.
I have given up on the lights for now but not the wheel.
Apart from having no Xenons, my car is fully loaded (it even has smoked LED rears) and not having these has stopped bothering me. So, I just went out and spent an extra £2200 on my sound system which gives me more pleasure than some lights which don't really improve my enjoyment of the car to any degree. For me, the essential option which holds sway over all titivations, is: ACC. It gives the car a triple personality.

And that is that. :smiley:

Oh, it's hell typing on a B'berry and with one arm/hand!
« Last Edit: 15 November 2011, 17:55 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #129 on: 15 November 2011, 18:37 »
Chilly, I suspect TPS aren't giving you the full story, there is loads of parts involved and from conversations I have had with a local dealer there is no chance your going to get all the parts for that price.

Also TPS won't supply the extra bits like wiring adapters.