Author Topic: non OEM Xenons  (Read 21642 times)

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
Re: non OEM Xenons - GROUP BUY
« Reply #80 on: 28 October 2011, 09:01 »
Would be changing the D2H 5000K to a 6000K to match the leds.

APR Stage 2+

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #81 on: 28 October 2011, 09:06 »
What a superb review by our australian friend.  The pics are great as any concerns over quality are dispelled.

Shall i go first then?!? :wink:
Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #82 on: 28 October 2011, 12:10 »
I wish someone would go first, i started this then bottled it, wasnt brave enough

Offline spydar

• Just got here
« Reply #83 on: 28 October 2011, 13:51 »
Glad you like the review guys.  I was very nervous too about buying them.  Then when we installed them and I had major issues with the lights not working and doing crazy things like flickering.... and I thought..."cheap Chinese knock offs!". But once the codes were done correctly (as someone has  posted here from our learnings) they  work just fine.

I've been told there are a few chinese manufacturers making these, so hopefully your supplier has the same one as mine.

If you have the cash...just do it!  I did and glad I did so.
Keen to see others with RHD cars install these too.  I'm the only one in Australia by the looks with these.

If anyone has any questions feel free to hit me.
Ian

PS.  If you guys want me to help organise a group deal via my contact. Let me know.  I worked out purchasing from supplier was around a$100 cheaper then your UK ebayer.

« Last Edit: 28 October 2011, 13:56 by spydar »
MY11 GTI, 5 door, Black, DSG, 18", MDI, Leather, Sunroof & Park Assist

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #84 on: 28 October 2011, 14:52 »
The guy who is advertising these lights has his own websight, that states the HID bulbs are 6000K so think they should match the slighhtly blue LED's, rather than the 5000K bulbs our Australian friend has fitted.

As for having to have self levellers and headlamp washers, SteveP pointed out earlier in this thread, they are not true xenons but HID projectors so dont come under the same law so would not need the parts as mentioned. That would keep the cost down further.

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #85 on: 28 October 2011, 15:34 »

As for having to have self levellers and headlamp washers, SteveP pointed out earlier in this thread, they are not true xenons but HID projectors so dont come under the same law so would not need the parts as mentioned. That would keep the cost down further.

I'm not sure but perhaps the law is slightly different in Oz.

Could be worth taking him up on the offer of seeing if he could improve on the price plus we would know we are getting the same product that he has been so satisfied with ?
Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #86 on: 28 October 2011, 15:44 »

If you look back to page 3 and my link there you will see that you will need washers and levellers as of 2012.

Offline dnauto

• Just got here
« Reply #87 on: 29 October 2011, 03:23 »
hi, im dan the guy selling these headlights on www.dnauto.co.uk, i came back onto forum to help with your questions. please dont report me for spamming and bid on my e-bay items and not pay for them just to leave a negative feedback for spamming forums - thanks :)

firstly i am selling with 10% discount only until midday today as stated on website, this price is rock bottom - literally break even, reason is to attract buyer through forums so that way reviews can be made which will help me. also delivery is very expensive as they weigh about 16-18kg and are very well packed in individual boxes then put inside wooden crate for safety which adds alot of weight.

i have sold a few of these to france they seem very popular there, you can see my ebay feedback (the french ones) they have reported no problems.

reading back in the thread it seams you have the right idea about coding, without the light will not operate correctly. i dont know what coding is required im not a expert but make sure you have someone with vagcom on hand.

the main benefit of this is that you need to make no modifications to vehicle hardware (wiring etc) hence 'plug and play' claim. and that is where these start becoming alot cheaper than a oem retro-fit. also leds are not DRL's they are side lights but im told can be used as DRL but they not as bright as the DRL lights.

i have close connection to manufacturer and full technical support from them, all their products are very good quality and never had any complaints and very good ebay feedback, they also offer 1 year warranty on faulty components (bulbs, ballast lenses etc) but wont warrant the actual casing if it gets damages etc, but is fully insured on delivery against damage in transit - So Check Them Before You Sign!!

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #88 on: 29 October 2011, 07:13 »
Hello Dan.

Firstly welcome to the forum, I think you'll find nobody on here would bid on your goods for the hell of it....

As you can see quite a few people on here at interested in your product but many are sceptical about quality, fitting, looks etc.

If you have a set of these headlamps or can get a set why not bring them over to my place and I'll either fit them to my car (ive fitted orm xenons myself) or preferably fit them to a potential buyers car from here so we can see what's what?

In return I won't charge for the labour etc and you'll get an honest and unbiased review of the headlamps and a "how to" made for fitting the headlamps including bumper removal etc along instruction on how to code the lamps via vagcom.

I'm sure that once you get a glowing review stickied here you'll find your sales will increase considerably and also please note this site is very, very popula with google rankings - works for me try typing "golf gtd remap" into google.

Once this is done I'd suggest you paythe £50 to become a forum trader here and start to build a reputation for being a good supplier of these headlamps ASAP before someone else here reads this and does it themselves.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=156930.0

Or don't  :rolleyes:

Regards
Craig

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #89 on: 29 October 2011, 08:28 »
Top idea, i would almost definately buy a set if i could see a UK review of a set actually fitted, as i think alot of other people would do the same.

Go on Dan, lets get these lights checked out. The amout of interest this has generated has got to be worth it.