Author Topic: non OEM Xenons  (Read 21652 times)

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
Re: non OEM Xenons
« Reply #50 on: 21 October 2011, 13:25 »
Been in contact so will post when i hear back.

Thank you  :cool:
Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 21 October 2011, 19:19 »
guy got back to me asking how many would be interested? Need number now folks.

APR Stage 2+

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 21 October 2011, 19:27 »

I am.

If:
(1) The fairy lights can be used as DRLs.
(2) Obtain SteveP's help with the electrics. Can get them fitted by my bodyshop. I'll PM him shortly and see if he can offer this additional help.

Thanks Kenny and EyeballPaul for the leg work.
How much will they cost with all the bits and pieces, please?
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 22 October 2011, 11:13 »

I am.

If:
(1) The fairy lights can be used as DRLs.
(2) Obtain SteveP's help with the electrics. Can get them fitted by my bodyshop. I'll PM him shortly and see if he can offer this additional help.

Thanks Kenny and EyeballPaul for the leg work.
How much will they cost with all the bits and pieces, please?

As above,  as long as plug and play very happy to joinin,  perhaps we could have a mini meet somewhere convenient to Steve and make it worth his while fitting/wiring the kits,  just an idea ?

Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
Re: non OEM Xenons - GROUP BUY
« Reply #54 on: 22 October 2011, 11:15 »
They are plug in and play all you need to do is turn off your drls, and the LEDs act as sidelights not drls folks.

APR Stage 2+

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 22 October 2011, 11:19 »
Your LEDs can be used as sidelights and thus as (sidelight) DRLs too. Your rear lights will also be on but if you have LED tails that's no bad thing as you can show them off at the same time as the fronts.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 22 October 2011, 12:05 »
I have my present Halogens on 'Auto' with my DRLs on. That's how I like it and wish it to remain if possible.

With these new lights, which I love the look of, I still want to remain in 'Auto' mode with the LEDs acting as DRLs. Now, when the dipped beam is automatically activated will the fairy lights still be on? With my present set-up when the dipped beam is activated, the parking lights are also activated and the DRLs turn off.

Therefore, I presume, as the fairy lights act both as DRLs and Parking Lights, they will remain lit all the time, day or night.

Regarding what happens to the rear LEDs is also of some concern to me. It would be nice if they are allowed to work normally and not be lit all the time.   

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #57 on: 22 October 2011, 12:30 »
I have my present Halogens on 'Auto' with my DRLs on. That's how I like it and wish it to remain if possible.

With these new lights, which I love the look of, I still want to remain in 'Auto' mode with the LEDs acting as DRLs. Now, when the dipped beam is automatically activated will the fairy lights still be on? With my present set-up when the dipped beam is activated, the parking lights are also activated and the DRLs turn off.

Therefore, I presume, as the fairy lights act both as DRLs and Parking Lights, they will remain lit all the time, day or night.

Regarding what happens to the rear LEDs is also of some concern to me. It would be nice if they are allowed to work normally and not be lit all the time.   

Not sure why you have an issue with rear lights being on as I know several of the guys over on ASN have coded theirs to do this alongside the LED DRL's. 

All sounding very promising though isn't it ?! :)

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 22 October 2011, 13:12 »
Yes, sounding very promising.

I am glad the manual leveller also works with them.

Basically, it's the fairy lights I am after (BLING!!!) and the OEM Xenon looks.

Must also Bluefin the car very soon. Hate calling the Insurance Company and telling them. They'll add £100 to my yearly Premium.

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 22 October 2011, 19:51 »
Happy to help anyone with fitting of these for some beer tokens  :smiley: