Author Topic: non OEM Xenons  (Read 21672 times)

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
Re: non OEM Xenons
« Reply #40 on: 20 October 2011, 22:19 »
I had a look on vortex and could not see a thing. Could you post a link??

£400 and I would be interested, just because the price these were bought from china were so cheap!

APR Stage 2+

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 21 October 2011, 00:33 »
All I want are the fairy lights to be my DRLs as Exonian has them now. I don't mind about the rest of the bulbs in this contraption. Oh, will the manual height adjustment function with these?
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 21 October 2011, 07:19 »
From what I have read the fairy lights work as sidelights Asker. But I am sure some of the vag com/electrical experts will change that in due time!

APR Stage 2+

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #43 on: 21 October 2011, 07:24 »
IMHO

Vag com experts would be there for a month of Sundays trying to do that mate, you'd just need to rewire the lamps a little  :wink:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 21 October 2011, 08:25 »
From what I have read the fairy lights work as sidelights Asker. But I am sure some of the vag com/electrical experts will change that in due time!

But if the fairy lights are used as overly bright parking lights, what will you use for DRL's? Not have any I guess.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #45 on: 21 October 2011, 09:28 »
From what i read the manual height adjustment still works, but nobody could get the LED's to run as true DRL's. Have to have your side lights on, a shame as your rears would be on.

I will try to find the link when i get home that had about 14 pages of people who had fitted the lights. Very few had problems, but knowing my luck i would be one of them.

They do look good, so much better than the clumbsy Halogens, i put Phillips Blue Vision ultra in mine. It really whitened the lights.

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 21 October 2011, 09:51 »
Found it mate thanks. Will have a read through it on my lunch break.

Interested in a group buy?

APR Stage 2+

Offline EyeballPaul

• Here all the time
« Reply #47 on: 21 October 2011, 10:47 »
I would be, SteveP said he could help with the fitting round my neck of the woods. The lights are soppost to be plug and play, with just the beem needing adjustment in a garage to correctly line them up.

I read on the long thread that a few people had probs with one on the lights not comming on so they have to do some coding on VCDS. But i think this was mainly to do with US cars not being able to turn off their DRL's like we can, as you need to do that befor you install the lights.

I cant find the link i read a few days ago but there was about 14 pages, nearly all the people who had fitted the lights were really pleased with them, just a few had some issues, but i think you get a 12 month warranty with them so thats ok.

Offline Spin 150pd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #48 on: 21 October 2011, 12:34 »
I would be, SteveP said he could help with the fitting round my neck of the woods. The lights are soppost to be plug and play, with just the beem needing adjustment in a garage to correctly line them up.

I read on the long thread that a few people had probs with one on the lights not comming on so they have to do some coding on VCDS. But i think this was mainly to do with US cars not being able to turn off their DRL's like we can, as you need to do that befor you install the lights.

I cant find the link i read a few days ago but there was about 14 pages, nearly all the people who had fitted the lights were really pleased with them, just a few had some issues, but i think you get a 12 month warranty with them so thats ok.

If we can get the price down to around £450 or lower I'd join a GB,  to the untrained eye it looks very oem and much cheaper than buying another car with xenons fitted,  I like the look of them a lot,  would finish the front of my car off nicely
Carbon Grey 3 Dr GTi, AP racing BBK,  ITG Intake, Milltek Race TBE & Revo Stage 2+ (sold) Replaced with 2010 S3 Sportback

"Fast Cars are safer.."

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 21 October 2011, 12:56 »
Been in contact so will post when i hear back.

APR Stage 2+