Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100508 times)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project
« Reply #330 on: 25 September 2012, 15:18 »
Mk3 left for its new home today, pretty sad to see it go but needs must. Can begin on the mk2 now at least. Getting another Mk3 aswell though.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Ive just bought this back for a quarter of the price I sold if for. Its wounded though, guy rode it up on a kerb outside a shop and now the engine is either dropped at the gearbox side or risen up on the other side, not sure what has happened. The car itself is still complete the way I sold it and barely turned a wheel. Will get some pics up when i pick it up next week sometime.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Great to hear! You should drop the vr init!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Great to hear! You should drop the vr init!

No VR goin in it, my VR is in really good nick for its age so would be a shame to break it up despite its high miles. Plus the 8v engine is in real good condition inside and out. This thing will be getting resold once its sorted, but in a more standard form. Wheels and suspension will be replaced with standard stuff. Want to make it more user friendly so it appeals to a wider group of people. The Lenso's and AP coilovers will go on the VR me thinks  :grin:

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Cars looking awesome I used yellow film on the outside of my head light, just used a blade to cut round the circle
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!
« Reply #335 on: 04 February 2013, 17:11 »
Went down to Glasgow yesterday to repair and pick the Golf up, I tell you stepping into this after driving about in my 190k VR6 its like driving a new car, feels totally different.

Anyway this is how she has been sitting since the beginning of november.

Not turned a wheel in three months and only covered about 2300 miles since I sold it but has sat out in the elements so there are a couple of wee bits that need some attention. This was how the engine was sitting.

Rear engine mount had broke, not sure how as it was new, and its also broke part of the front mount, broke a bolt hole lug of the starter motor also. With the engine being angled down at the gearbox side the passenger driveshaft gaitor came in contact with the drop link and unscrewed it out the roll bar.

Done a temporary botch job to get it up the road.

Will rob the front mount bracket and starter off my mk2 engine I removed recently so an easy repair.

Some pics of how she looks.

Not been polished and waxed since I sold it which is ashame.

Need to source some arch liners and one of the top strips on the side skirts has split due to corrosion, a few wee bits on the bodywork needs touched up also. Gonna be putting standard suspension on it and different wheels, either some 15" bbs soltitudes or the 17" wheels thats came with the car originally, standard front lights and then it will be up for sale again pretty cheap. Although my dad has his eye on it.

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
Re: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!
« Reply #336 on: 07 February 2013, 12:08 »
glad to see you got this back!! one of my fav mk3s, this one. shame it's not been treated with the care it deserves after the great job you did on it.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #337 on: 07 February 2013, 17:59 »
glad to see you got this back!! one of my fav mk3s, this one. shame it's not been treated with the care it deserves after the great job you did on it.

I know, but what can you do. Its had two owners since I last had it and neither have been dubbers or car people really, they just liked the look of it. Underneath ain't so white anymore but will clean it all up best I can. Will be back up for sale in a week or so.

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #338 on: 07 February 2013, 18:42 »
interesting how the engine mounts etc had broken on this, the exact same thing happened when I crashed my 8v. common weakness?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #339 on: 07 February 2013, 18:56 »
interesting how the engine mounts etc had broken on this, the exact same thing happened when I crashed my 8v. common weakness?

I think he rode it up on a high kerb doing like 2mph and it just split the rear mount. it was lifted right out the subframe. No damage to the sump or that so it is a bit weird. i think any upwards movement will ruin the mounts as their not designed to be put under that kind of load.