Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100507 times)

Offline Junior74

• Here all the time
Very nice...like this!!!!!  :cool:

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Leathers look in v good nic,  :cool:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Leathers look in v good nic,  :cool:

Yeah it is....wee bit of stiching has come away on the base of the passenger seat but will fix that. really happy with it.

Very nice...like this!!!!!  :cool:

Cheers mate!!

I think the spoiler looks fine m8.

IMO opinion it's hella Reds all the way if not standard cls or DIY all reds. Anything else on a mk3 sucks. Lol glad ur sold n reds!! :cool:

I'm still unsure on the spolier.....got a set of cl's coming so will be tinting them after its mot!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Gti_Jamo's Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Project...29/06/12 The Rebuild
« Reply #283 on: 29 June 2012, 18:31 »
Not much of an update as have been pretty busy the past week. Still waiting to paint my side trims, metal part of front grille and boot plinth. Have fitted my sill covers. Also got another headlamp which turned up all broke so thats three I have now which were all refunded through ebay although none of the sellers wanted them returned. Plus side is I was needing bulbs which I collected from the headlamps and two of them had the electric levellers which I was needing also so at least thats a bonus. Was going to phone vw to see if the plastic  adjusters links can be bought seperately as they look pretty straightforward to fit if I can get them.

Have also sorted my abs so the light goes off as it should was just needing front sensors. Sorted my lumpy running, though I was needing to set up the hall sesnor with vagcom but it was all due to me putting the distributor in incorrectly. Was just a matter if pulling it out and refitting it with the rotor arm lined up with the tdc mark of the dizzy. Runs perfect now and throws no codes.

Refurbished my wiper arms and fitted some aero blades and took my fogs apart and yellowed in plastic bit. Not the normal way to do it but going to tint them out black aswell along with the rest of the lights and should look not bad. Pics are phone pics hence they are abit pish!!

Anyway its definately going for its mot next week sometime, just need to sort the headlamp out and were rolling!!  :cool:

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Looking good man! Loving the build up pics :)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Yep its the best part....not bad for a 9 month build from start to finish. I won't say it finished just yet but  the end is well within sight!! Getting quite excited about getting it on the road!!

Offline DanChave

• I live here
I bet you are! It's gonna be sweet when its all done :) when do you think you will be all finished by?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Well should be on the road next week if all goes to plan and will just be a matter of tinkering with a few things over the summer. Technically I guess it will never be finished, always be a work in progress. Want to get the black A,B and C pillers and get the roof lining retrimmed. Get the curb rash on the Lenzo's sorted!! Source a better NS wing and do some paint correction to some bits! Sort some overspray on the insides of my doors!! Just try and improve it, make it the best i can get it. Need to source some end caps for the sill trims as i have no rear ones. Will prob begin to collect parts for a future G60 conversion!! Unless I see sense anytime soon but cant see that happening  :grin:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Gti_Jamo's Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Project...09/07/12 ON THE ROAD!!
« Reply #288 on: 09 July 2012, 19:11 »
Sorry for the lack of updates but my internet has been down the past week. Anyway the Mk3 went for its MOT today and passed with no advisories and is now legally on the road. Drives really well but have a few problems!! My gearbox is shagged, noisy reverse so will need to source another box for it. Forward gears are all ok, for now anyway. Small coolant leak from the hard line that goes round the front of the engine. Central locking is a bit temparemental but lickily the key still works in the lock. Its running a bit lumpy but think the HT leads are the cause as they don't look in the best of condition and are not a tight fit on the distributor.

Gonna let the suspension settle a bit before I lower it anymore, going to joey the headlights also. Got a brand new golf gti badge for the rear but not sure if I should put it on yet. Will look to get some better pics. This thread is far from over  :cool:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Well done mate.

Glad to c the cls r on the rear  :wink: maybe some front amber indys to complete the look?
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook