Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100503 times)

Offline murraymint

• I live here
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=230241.0
 :wink:

Aye well when I say engine conversion it wont be until I have saved the money which wont be for a while now, i'm far from mint. In fact this golf has scunnered me big time but at least I have spent it on something worth while. I hate having money stting doing nothing, as I just waste it. Saving is a real hard for me. Next winter possibly.

Yeah well once its on the road it will have cost 2.5k, a grand over what I had initially saved for this project lol. I do reckon we have future classics on our hands as they are good cars, we just need to filter out and crush all the rot boxes lol.
yh that is a lot lol. n yh i reckon mk3 will go up in price over time, i dont have a gti atm on a cl which isnt gunna worth as much, i might drop an abf init tho so id be running a mk3 cl abf  :cool:

I'd say its all about the condition of the body regardless of what spec it is. I have thought about an ABF too as I do like them engines. But of course, my 8v has more torque ha ha  :rolleyes:

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline murraymint

• I live here
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=230241.0
 :wink:

Aye well when I say engine conversion it wont be until I have saved the money which wont be for a while now, i'm far from mint. In fact this golf has scunnered me big time but at least I have spent it on something worth while. I hate having money stting doing nothing, as I just waste it. Saving is a real hard for me. Next winter possibly.

Yeah well once its on the road it will have cost 2.5k, a grand over what I had initially saved for this project lol. I do reckon we have future classics on our hands as they are good cars, we just need to filter out and crush all the rot boxes lol.
yh that is a lot lol. n yh i reckon mk3 will go up in price over time, i dont have a gti atm on a cl which isnt gunna worth as much, i might drop an abf init tho so id be running a mk3 cl abf  :cool:

I'd say its all about the condition of the body regardless of what spec it is. I have thought about an ABF too as I do like them engines. But of course, my 8v has more torque ha ha  :rolleyes:

im the same with money dont worry, ive only got a good set of wheels bcoz i payed for them on my credit card, could never of saved for them  :laugh:. yh thats why i wanna keep the cl, theres no rust atall as theres no plastic arches or sills to worry about i was thinking about an 8v gti engine as donor cars are cheaper and less work then an abf, not sure yet, need to save some money first  :grin:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Few pics of recent stuff i've been doing. Wet sanding and polishing and slowly beginning to rebuild. Not going mental with the wet sanding, cutting a bit of a layer off to get rid of the worst of the orange peel as there is a fair amount of paint correction to be done but plenty time for that after its built up. Few areas of the bonnet need some attention and may paint it again but you can only see it looking across the panel. The good thing with the white its difficult to see any imperfections. I can do all that paint detailing and again with it being white and fresh paint makes it all the easier. All in all i'm very happy with the way things have turned out given where its been done.

Did plan on taking it outside for pics but the battery was stone dead!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Get that battery charged dude n let us c it in the light  :smiley:
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Looking good man!

^^^^^^^^

Amen to that ;)

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Looking good man!

^^^^^^^^

Amen to that ;)

Or push it out?

Looking good dude  :cool:
josh

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Battery going on charge tomorrow and will get it out. should have the drivers door and tailgate on by then along with the roof polished.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Ok so got the drivers door and tailgate flattened and fitted and got her outside for some pics.

Bonnet has a couple of issues as can still see some of my prep work through it, not sure what happened there but they are really hard to see. Hopefully they will come out with a sanding block but other than that the finish here is superb.

Rear quarters turned out not bad but these are what needs the most attention. Had to flat it back a fair bit and still some scratches visible but will sort that out. the white here is still a bit flat but will come up good. Its really hard to get pics of the flaws.

Some other shots....

Think I will paint the tops of the bumpers again as there is a couple of imperfections in my smoothing job that i'm not happy with but its good enough for now. Also trial fitted the rear lights I have.

Original Hellas....

Hella blues.....

And the crystal clear/reds...

I like those ones the best just now so left them in and packed her away for the night!!

Gonna flatten the front bumper and fit that tommorow. Still need to paint my grille and boot plinth and will do them at the weekend.

« Last Edit: 14 June 2012, 18:54 by Gti_Jamo »

Offline murraymint

• I live here
 :kiss:

Blue Hellas look good  :lipsrsealed: but I spose it depends on that theme your goin for

Great work as usual
josh