Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100403 times)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Looks great just in primer! When do you think you will be getting colour on? And are you using 2k Solid Colour or Clear Over Base?

It does....should just laquer the primer lol. Just be a 2k solid.....canny be ersed with all that laquer malarky  :grin: Will colour sand the white smooth though. Try and get it as shiney as possible. Top coat will go on once its all flattened and ready....few wee issues here and there to sort out but nothing major. Had been struggling with that driver side wing as it just don't fit same way as a genuine one but will live with it just now as its beaten me. Can't really notice it unless your looking down the side of the car, the bit where it meets the door near the indicator hole. Last time I buy a panel off Chung Fu Ching Enterprises....Yes thats their real name  :grin: :grin:

This thing is gunna be the nuts then done!

Cheers mate... :wink:

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
getting there  :cool:
only if i had time on my hands like you :grin:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Bloody non gen wings eh! Anymore progress pics yet?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
getting there  :cool:
only if i had time on my hands like you :grin:

Cheers mate......ah you got to make the time. Granted I should have had this finished a month ago.

Bloody non gen wings eh! Anymore progress pics yet?

Maybe get some pics up later of some of the stuff thats painted.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline DanChave

• I live here

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Here's some pics, not the best ones i've taken but will hopefully get some better ones outside in the next few days once the rest of the car is painted.

So far have done both sides of the bonnet and tailgate, inside of the doors and the wings and bumpers. Not the best way of doing things but needs must due to limited space and resources.

Quite a few inperfections in the paint but its all getting colour sanded and polished but if worse comes to worse I can always go over any panels again as i've plenty paint. Did have the garage lined with dust sheeting and everything dampened down but think the warm weather didn't help in regards to dust contamination. Just my luck really!!

A few more recent goodies....VR splitter, presses plates and autohaus surrounds and a set of hella blues although not sure if i'll use them yet.

Basically still got the body to paint, outside of doors and a few other bits and bobs like mirror covers, bottom of grille, boot plinth etc and should have them done during the first part of next week.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2012, 18:18 by Gti_Jamo »

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Looking good so far mate! I'm not sold on the Hella Blues though either, Personally I would like to see some all red rears :)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Looking good so far mate! I'm not sold on the Hella Blues though either, Personally I would like to see some all red rears :)

Yeah but how often do they come up for sale as a bargain. Could tint a set of CL rears. gonna buy a set of them soon anyway. Already got three sets of lights so I think a poll will be in order when its ready!!

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Yeah, that's fair enough! I have three sets as well lol, a set of gti's with colour coded indicators, a set of CL's and the crystal/ reds I have on at the moment! I bought some red tinting film, think I'm gonna tint the crystal/reds, either all red or just the indicator section :)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
To be fair I've got a set of original hella all reds and the cls r tinted properly u can't really tell the difference.

£100 for the hella

£30 all in with tint spray for the cls n a bit of time.

I just like to waste money lol.

Oh n I also agree all reds on a white car over blues anytime!!!!

Still top work m8
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook