Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100475 times)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
That's looking really good  :cool:

Not sure if you may have mentioned it but I'm too lazy to go back through the other pages  :grin: :grin:. Are you leaving all the plastic trim off??

Cheers mate!! Yeah leaving the plastic arches off as they ruin the wheel arches with corrosion over time. Look at the beginning of the thread and you will see how bad it was. Side trims and sill trims will be going back on.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
Yeah, read through the thread a while ago but couldn't remember if you had mentioned the trims  :rolleyes:

Good choice keeping them off, especially on the white  :cool:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline CJA321

• I live here
Just what im in the middle of doing to my boot also  :wink:

welded a plate in behind and cut the hole out, looks alot better than a bung!

Nice work

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Just what im in the middle of doing to my boot also  :wink:

welded a plate in behind and cut the hole out, looks alot better than a bung!

Nice work

Cheers mate...was gonna weld up the recess for the vw badge too but decided to leave it. When I got the car the recess itself was jam packed full of filler!! Not good!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Seriously impressive work m8

Will defo be keeping an eye on this and look foward to the next update.
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline DanChave

• I live here
More solid work :) I do think you should weld up the badge recess as well though, and get rid of the boot plinth.........

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60

Cheers mate....had a look through your build threat last night too, pretty nice cars you have there.

More solid work :) I do think you should weld up the badge recess as well though, and get rid of the boot plinth.........

I don't want to change it too much though, hate the look of that 'frenchied' boot mod and also want to keep the badges. Even got a brand new golf gti badge for the rear!!

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Fair enough, maybe a smoothed plinth instead? Are you planning on any other subtle mods? Delocked handles? Smoothed handle recesses maybe?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Nothing else planned as yet. Just want to get it in paint and rebuilt. I will no doubt change a load of stuff after its finished!

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time

Cheers mate....had a look through your build threat last night too, pretty nice cars you have there.

Cheers m8

Defo think your taking this mk3 in the right direction. I hate drenched boot lids aswell. Standard looking all the way with little deleting here and there.

What's ur plans for the car when done. Will it be a daily or show car??
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook