Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100453 times)

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
Re: Gti_Jamo Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project...ENGINE FINISHED...
« Reply #130 on: 05 February 2012, 09:33 »
not spotted this, engine bay will look brill, factory fresh

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #131 on: 05 February 2012, 19:29 »
not spotted this, engine bay will look brill, factory fresh

Cheers mate, i'm well impressed with it given how quickly its come together. Was going to paint the head and cam cover black but glad i changed my mind. Decided i wanted it as close to original as possible and I think I achieved that.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #132 on: 05 February 2012, 20:44 »
Sterling work... engine looks like new... nice one. :afro:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Gti_Jamo Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project...ENGINE BACK IN BAY....
« Reply #133 on: 08 February 2012, 19:42 »
Small update.....

My replacement steering knuckle boot came today so this evening got it fitted then bolted all this gear back up into the car. Hopefully have it down back on some wheels in the next few days.

A previous comment got me thinking about interior. Yeah my standard stuff is pristine but its still cloth and a bit bland looking and this build deserves something a bit special so bit the bullet and went and picked up some mint VR6 black leather seats and door cards  :wink:

Pics to follow soon.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
Lovely job  :smiley:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
That engine bay is looking great.  :smiley:

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
Looking mint mate, im glad my comment has helped you come to that decision, black leather and white car.....sweet!  :cool:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Looking mint mate, im glad my comment has helped you come to that decision, black leather and white car.....sweet!  :cool:

Cheers mate.....seats are mint exept for a small rip at the stiching in the base of the passenger seat. Bout an inch and a half long but will take it to get repaired once its on the road if its cheap enough. Didn't even notice it when I bought them. Only downside is that the rear bench is the one without the headrests but i'm not too fussed about that. Will try sell my old interior and try recoup some money.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Gti_Jamo Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project...NEW PICS 21/02
« Reply #138 on: 21 February 2012, 20:18 »
Well been working away rebuilding the front end painting and cleaning things up as I go along. Progress has not been too bad. Had the cold the past week or so which has slowed me down a bit but got tore into it today. Here's some pictures anyway.

All the gear selector bushes and linkages replaced....

Front end coming together.....

Idea of how it will sit on the road. Not fitted caliper yet so not sure if they will need spaced out as it is a bit tight behind the rim.

Also shot of the engine 95% hooked up. Will tidy up as much of the wiring and cables as I can.

Thats where its at just now so can at least get it turned round and begin work on the rear. Not to concerned about getting her running anytime soon as want to have the exhaust back on so to bring to my attention any strange noises so that will have to wait til the rear is done.

Anyway i'm away back to bed as I feel rough as a dog  :sick:

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Re: Gti_Jamo Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project...NEW PICS 21/02
« Reply #139 on: 21 February 2012, 20:25 »
Awesome!!!!!  :cool: great work. Hope you feel better soon!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi