Author Topic: Edition 35 is here!  (Read 51297 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Edition 35 is here!
« Reply #80 on: 17 September 2011, 19:08 »
For a similar spec, the R will cost another £6040 more than the Ed35!

Therefore, the Ed35 is excellent value for money!

Similarly Specced:
Ed35 £28110
GTI   £29665
R      £34150
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Jimmymature

« Reply #81 on: 17 September 2011, 19:14 »
For a similar spec, the R will cost another £6040 more than the Ed35!

Therefore, the Ed35 is excellent value for money!

£6k? That's higher that my configurator come up with. Drop the leather and that makes the £4k differenc and the R is a far superior car.  Not worth £32k but still a better car.

Jim

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #82 on: 17 September 2011, 19:17 »
I did say similarly specced.

Jimmymature

« Reply #83 on: 17 September 2011, 19:36 »

It sure does represent good value compared to the same spec GTI for sure.  Every one of these that gets sold just removes another chunk of cash off mine  :sad:

Jim
« Last Edit: 17 September 2011, 22:53 by Jimmymature »

Offline MEZZA22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #84 on: 17 September 2011, 20:19 »
Further to my last post on this topic 2 weeks ago,just been on the configurator again and mysteriously you can now specify Dynaudio without
having to spec the RNS510 unit,just need to order the RCD510 like before which means you can have DAB if you wanted it - very odd.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 17 September 2011, 22:32 »
It sure does represent good value compared to the same spec GTI for sure.  Every one of these that gets sold just removes another chunk of cash of mine  :sad:
Jim

Shafted, whichever way you look at it!

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 18 September 2011, 00:24 »
I priced one last weekend! Let's just say the GTI is going nowhere! Hope No'-one expects a fair price on there GTI?

APR Stage 2+

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 18 September 2011, 06:39 »
A 5 door GTI specced exactly as an Ed35 will cost £1555 more!

Yeah, the xenons and the leather help with that anomoly a lot.

If you wanted leather and xenon's I think you'd be made not to get an ED35.  TBH if I was in the market for a MK6 GTI i'd get an ED35 for sure.

In reality for £30k+ I'd be getting an R everytime over an ED35.

Jim
Me too most likely, but for the spec I want it's a shade over £38K, which is a bit heavy. An anomaly is that you can't have DAB with the RNS510, but you can have dynaudio; but if you want the RCD510 with DAB you can't have dynaudio. Just seems a bit odd, especially when you are shelling out £1.7K for the RNS510 [Without CD changer] or over £2K with CD changer
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline MEZZA22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #88 on: 18 September 2011, 09:28 »
RickS - as per my last post,VW seem to have "adjusted" the configurator in the last 2 weeks,if you check again its now possible to have Dynaudio with the RCD510 together with DAB,which was the situation originally.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 18 September 2011, 10:32 »
The GTI is for those poor souls who don't like leather, can't afford Bi-Xenons and for whom 207 bhp is adequate. Poor people like me.

My car is now worth a few pennies with the advent of the Ed35 and I will, henceforth, treat it wih disdain. It will probably do both of us some good.

The GTI, and for that matter the top end Golfs, have become a tad expensive to buy or lease. For me, as things stand at this juncture, it will have to be the Mercedes C Class or BMW 3 Series, both with poverty spec and weeny engines, for my next purchase. At least I'll be purchasing a Premium make even though both of them are too long for my daily driving and parking situations.

Maybe Mercedes will take pity on me and provide a nicely specced/priced and pokey A Class, though again I doubt it. Or, maybe VW will drop the price of the MK7 Golf GTI thus preventing pigs from flying. As for the new BMW 1 Series, the less said the better.

All I know is that I have to start earning some serious money and once again get truly well ensconced into the 50% tax bracket. Why won't they let me retire gracefully?