Author Topic: My Mk4 Gt-tdi..  (Read 19897 times)

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
My Mk4 Gt-tdi..
« on: 27 August 2011, 21:02 »
Right im starting a new thread as ive now made the move from my 8v mk3 Anniversary to a Gt-tdi.
A little about the car well its a 2001 115bhp model in a nice metalic grey shes had 3 owners in total and a stamped service book upto 100 odd thousand.Its covered 138,000 but the engine pulls really well and the mpg is awsome.As when you first get a car all the things you missed when viewing it kinda pop up  :grin: and you think how did I miss that  :grin: Ive started a list of things that need sorting and I thought my mk3 was bad  :grin:

Hand brake is high needs adjusting its just had new discs and pads all round.
Took the engine cover off and it looks like the rocker gasket is leaking by where the EGR valve.
My clutch pedal feels loose as in the pedal slightly moves clutch etc fine.
Every now and then I hear a kinda clicking noise on the drivers side when driving over bumps it sounds like the pads not sure.
Needs a new arm rest as the old ones broken.
The dash trim bits and door handles look a bit tatty so Im either gonna carbon wrap them or replace them with some new ones
Horrid rear spoiler is being removed shortly
Few dings and scuffs on the body but its nothing to bad front bumpers got a few stone chips so ill have the painter sort that.

Mods on the car
FK angel eyes which are black inside
Miltec exhaust think its just the back box
V6 four motion rear lower valence
Not sure if the front spoilers different
Euro front wipers
mk5 rear wiper arm

Planned mods
Well I tryed my TT Comps on the car and they just looked lost  :grin: I think im gonna go for some 18" wheels
Coilovers and lowered a must
A Recaro trim as mines not Recaro
and maybe a Remap as im not sure if mines had one tbh the guy reakons it has but im not sure.

I havent got new pictures yet and I still havent even cleaned it just havent had any time  :grin:

I will be up dating as soon as I start getting this sorted just got to start all over again lol
« Last Edit: 27 August 2011, 21:04 by 16v_blu »
Golf Gti

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: My Mk4 Gt-tdi..
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2011, 21:05 »
Excellent choice. :afro:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2011, 22:17 »
Looks good, love the colour :cool:

When you get a chance can you post a few pics of the headlights with them turned off? Trying to decide what to do with mine :undecided:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2011, 22:40 »
Yeah no worries Dom I dont yet know if im totally keen on the lights but there growing on me..
Golf Gti

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2011, 22:43 »
Yeah no worries Dom I dont yet know if im totally keen on the lights but there growing on me..

I keep being drawn to these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300576942030?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1847wt_1139

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2011, 22:47 »
Yeah there nice very simlar to mine but mine look like they have more black inside.Ive been looking at a few different things for mine gonna cost me a few quid but all in good time.Ive been looking at RS6 alloys really like them on mk4s.
Golf Gti

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #6 on: 28 August 2011, 08:31 »
Tryed the comps on and as you can see they look lost  :grin:  reason I think 18" are in order..

Golf Gti

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #7 on: 28 August 2011, 08:32 »
another dark pumper  :grin:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #8 on: 28 August 2011, 08:37 »
at least this one's a vw  :grin:

the tt's look good imo, just need a small drop

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 28 August 2011, 08:49 »
I saw a mk4 with comps on yesterday actually. That had been lowered, but still didnt look all that. Dont get me wrong it was ok, but not exactly eye catching. Deffinately need 17s or 18s possibly to make em stand out.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |