Author Topic: Stinks Aldi  (Read 13831 times)

Offline adi

• GTI forum regular
Re: Stinks Aldi
« Reply #40 on: 23 August 2011, 18:47 »
Its a right barsteward mate! My mate did mine and he's been on the car wrapping course and stuff and said it was tricky!

Did you take the silver bits away from the black? I thought getting the damn thing off the car and apart was enough of a ball ache lol

the lower grill wasn't too bad but jesus christ the top one was near impossible! took my time and several attempts and managed to figure out what to push where lol

there are a few tiny creases and well ill see how long it lasts  :grin:

just trying to find this bloody boost leak now! one of the pipes, the one on the passenger side had a little play in it which im assuming is the cause for the pressure leaking out? think im going to have to call the garage i bought it from and get them to sort it! make the most of the warranty but will be with out a car . . . . .again
It will probably be the boost pipe seals or the clip that holds the boost pipe in the intercooler has snapped, worst case the plastic on the intercooler has snapped and will req a new intercooler, I would take it back for warranty.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 24 August 2011, 09:40 »
Its a right barsteward mate! My mate did mine and he's been on the car wrapping course and stuff and said it was tricky!

Did you take the silver bits away from the black? I thought getting the damn thing off the car and apart was enough of a ball ache lol

the lower grill wasn't too bad but jesus christ the top one was near impossible! took my time and several attempts and managed to figure out what to push where lol

there are a few tiny creases and well ill see how long it lasts  :grin:

just trying to find this bloody boost leak now! one of the pipes, the one on the passenger side had a little play in it which im assuming is the cause for the pressure leaking out? think im going to have to call the garage i bought it from and get them to sort it! make the most of the warranty but will be with out a car . . . . .again
It will probably be the boost pipe seals or the clip that holds the boost pipe in the intercooler has snapped, worst case the plastic on the intercooler has snapped and will req a new intercooler, I would take it back for warranty.

+1 relatively common!

Another one that goes is the one on the turbo at the back of the engine, if the turbos been replaced and the clip not put on properly it can come off and cause boost issues

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #42 on: 24 August 2011, 17:26 »
Welcome to diesel ownership...... :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #43 on: 25 August 2011, 07:59 »
Welcome to diesel ownership...... :lipsrsealed:

that small problem aside (need to spk to the garaged workshop and see when they can look at it) its been great, think im going to take the grill off  to re wrap the bottom half and still need to get rid of this hideous nokia hands free phone holder :grin:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 25 August 2011, 10:06 »
I like this Stinky boy, with some lows this will be a very smart looking Audi!  :cool:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #45 on: 25 August 2011, 10:11 »
I like this Stinky boy, with some lows this will be a very smart looking Audi!  :cool:

Cheers dude, with the subtle changes ive made with the badges and grill looks like a different car and only had it a wk  :grin: also lovign the fact that road tax is £135 for the yr! or £70 for 6 months, on the mk 2 it was £120 odd for 6 months tax

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 25 August 2011, 10:19 »

Cheers dude, with the subtle changes ive made with the badges and grill looks like a different car and only had it a wk  :grin: also lovign the fact that road tax is £135 for the yr! or £70 for 6 months, on the mk 2 it was £120 odd for 6 months tax

:grin: :grin:

I like the way you justify spending thousands to get the car!  :grin: :grin:

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #47 on: 25 August 2011, 10:44 »

:grin: :grin:

I like the way you justify spending thousands to get the car!  :grin: :grin:

:rolleyes: ;) well im loving being in the comfort of the Audi, nice comfy armchair ride  :grin: the novelty of having a working clock and driveside window havent worn off yet, or a light buzzer  :grin:

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #48 on: 25 August 2011, 10:51 »
Very nice Joe :afro:

Looking at something very similar but a little bigger  :lipsrsealed:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline Dec

• I live here