Author Topic: conlog alarm removal  (Read 2457 times)

Offline invame

• Not said much yet
conlog alarm removal
« on: 29 June 2011, 19:42 »
Hi all,

The only fob I received with my car when I bought it died quite a while ago (not the battery) so I removed the two fuses that are close to the fuse box to disable it. This worked fine and I've been using the key ever since. I've just recently had half of my dash and door cards off though to repair my windows and decided I'd have a go at removing the alarm system all together. I've managed to remove all of it up to the alarm control box (siren, interior sensors, emergency port etc.) without any problems. The car still starts and everything works fine. My next step was to remove the connectors from the control box and as soon as I did, everything stopped working, so I plugged them back in and everything started working again. I'm thinking that the next step is to remove the control box connections from the back of the fuse box. Does anyone know if this is a bad idea? From what I can see it would leave two or three wires that drop down from behind the dash and connect to the control box wires not plugged in to anything. Would these need to be plugged back in to the fuse box and if so where? As you can probably gather I really don't know what I'm doing other than unplugging stuff. All the wires and boxes sat there doing nothing got the better of me - what can I say! :huh: Now I've removed two thirds of it though I'd like to finish the job, so if anyone has any advice on what I'm supposed to be doing or not doing I'd really appreciate your suggestions. It's a Conlog 900 by-the-way.