Author Topic: Carbon Chiptuning REVIEW---- MORE-BHP ReMap to Carbon Chiptuning ReMap  (Read 20949 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
I'll give you a pepsi challenge.

My PD130 love wagon feels a bit flat. I think the "map" on it is a bit pony to be honest. Whatchya gonna do now.....

:grin:

Get your ass over and we'll have a tinker  :grin:

I'll talk to you about that emissions data too  :wink:

You busy on Sat 25th of this month Craig?

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport

My PD130 love wagon feels a bit flat. I think the "map" on it is a bit pony to be honest. Whatchya gonna do now.....

Dont have anything planned yet, what you thinking dude?

Offline StusDUB

• GTI forum regular
As promised please see below the Dyno Print out's

Looking forward for tomorrow  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
0.7λ - I love the smell of petrol in the morning :laugh:

Nice output though, torque is a good level as well. :cool:

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233

MAF ok and PCV sealed??? :undecided:  Just strange how early the lambda steps down??

In the stock mapping and AUM is mapped to 0.7031λ at 150% load @ 6520rpm  via a fuel dump to hardware protection (Lambdasoll für Bauteileschutz). By how the lambda is stepping down I would say the protection fuel map is running due the running temps v load% and rpm which produces a equasion to the EGTs .   Off hardware protection the fuel will be around .95λ.  On a AUM running a stock exhaust system its good practice to leave the protection maps in place to give a bit of cylinder cooling under high loads. Driving on the road at speed with good air flow into the intercooler you will be running around a around .84λ.  Only when a downpipe and sports car fitted its safe to run a fuel ratio of performance and not protection.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict

Why you keeping me hanging dude?

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict

MAF ok and PCV sealed??? :undecided:  Just strange how early the lambda steps down??

In the stock mapping and AUM is mapped to 0.7031λ at 150% load @ 6520rpm  via a fuel dump to hardware protection (Lambdasoll für Bauteileschutz). By how the lambda is stepping down I would say the protection fuel map is running due the running temps v load% and rpm which produces a equasion to the EGTs .   Off hardware protection the fuel will be around .95λ.  On a AUM running a stock exhaust system its good practice to leave the protection maps in place to give a bit of cylinder cooling under high loads. Driving on the road at speed with good air flow into the intercooler you will be running around a around .84λ.  Only when a downpipe and sports car fitted its safe to run a fuel ratio of performance and not protection.

:lipsrsealed:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
I wouldn't say that the early step down is anything to worry about, if anything, yes there will be a slight fuel penalty, but more power = more fuel. You'll get a slight benefit in terms of lowering in-cylinder temperatures and EGTs so the effects should balance roughly. (from my OEM experience) However, I am not a software monkey so couldn't comment on the more indepth goings on.

I was more laughing at the lambda as a similar level in diesels makes them right smokey bastids... oh and I love the smell of petrol. :lipsrsealed:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
I wouldn't say that the early step down is anything to worry about, if anything, yes there will be a slight fuel penalty, but more power = more fuel. You'll get a slight benefit in terms of lowering in-cylinder temperatures and EGTs so the effects should balance roughly. (from my OEM experience) However, I am not a software monkey so couldn't comment on the more indepth goings on.

I was more laughing at the lambda as a similar level in diesels makes them right smokey bastids... oh and I love the smell of petrol. :lipsrsealed:

Give me a call please  :wink:

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233

:lipsrsealed:
:smiley:

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands