Author Topic: Cabriolet Photo's  (Read 4007 times)

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
Cabriolet Photo's
« on: 21 March 2005, 20:29 »
Hi All,

Not been on here for a while and hope everyone is still as helpful as you all used to be.   :wink:

I have a 1989 golf cabriolet, which has been standing for the last 4years and have decided this is the year it will run again.  Whilst it?s been standing someone kindly helped themselves to some of my relays :angry: . The fuel pump will now not energise and I have no idea what relays are missing.

So I am now desperately trying to get hold of pictures of peoples fuse boxes.  So all golf cabriolet owners, regardless of year please can you help by either posting or emailing pictures to me at me@andyfooks.fsnet.co.uk.

Many Thanks in Advance,

Andy
« Last Edit: 26 March 2005, 17:56 by AndyF »

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
Re: Cabriolet Photo's
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2005, 10:32 »
Andy, I can't get you any pics very quickly but I could count how many relays I've got in mine and probably tell you the numbers on them. As for the fuel relay switch, try GSF, ECP or VAG and you should be able to get one from these.
......now officially dubless.

Offline black_cabbie

• Not said much yet
  • If they don't have a golf in heaven I am not going
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2005, 14:20 »
1.8L 8V Digifart, AMS chip, Kent 270 camshaft, TT Adjustable Cam Gear, Supersprint Header with supersprint catless system, BMW AFM, Adjustable FPR. G60 Green 23lb injectors coming soon.... =)

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2005, 21:07 »
Gibby, thanks very much for the offer.  If you don?t mind, it would be very much appreciated. :smiley: 

Black_cabbie, your also a star, thank you :smiley:.  But I?m having trouble working out how the numbering works.  Could you (or anyone) explain to me what the following represents:

19 20 21 22 23 24
13 14 15 16 17 18
1   2   3   4  5   6
7   8   9  10 11 12

Am I right to say the list 1 ? 24 represents the number stamped on the relay, if so how can I tell its correct position?

Thanks again,

Andy

Offline black_cabbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 23 March 2005, 18:50 »
Its just the position of the relays which is explained here.

1 = open (Digifant control unit 1990-1993)
2 = Fuel pump
3 = Seat belt warning
4 = Upshift indicator control unit
5 = A/C
6 = Horns
7 = open
8 = Load reduction
9 = open
10= Intermittent wipers
11= open
12= Turn signals, emergency flashers
13= open
14= Hot-start pulse relay (1985-7/1987); Cold-start enrichment (7/1987-1989); Radiator fan after-run control unit (1990-1993)
15= Fuel injection power supply (1985-1989); Starter interlock (6/1990-1993 w/ auto trans.)
16= Idle speed boost/stabilizer control unit (1985-1989); Hot-start pulse relay (7/1987-1989); open (1990-1993)
17= A/C thermofuse (30); Power top circuit breaker (20)
18= Coolant low-level warning control unit; Idle boost control unit (7/1987-1989)
19= Power window fuse (20)
20= open
21= open
22= open
23= open
24= open

It has nothing to do with the number on them. These are for VW's use only to be able to identify them easy I guess.
1.8L 8V Digifart, AMS chip, Kent 270 camshaft, TT Adjustable Cam Gear, Supersprint Header with supersprint catless system, BMW AFM, Adjustable FPR. G60 Green 23lb injectors coming soon.... =)

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2005, 12:24 »
If anyone could take a photo of their fuse box it would be appreciated, so I can see what numbered relays I should have.  ItÂ’s just I have box of relays and am unsure of which numbers I need.

My local VW dealer isnÂ’t that helpfully, I get the impression there only interested in newer cars.

Andy

Offline black_cabbie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2005, 20:55 »

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 26 March 2005, 17:50 »
Thanks for photoÂ’s mate, also manage to find out itÂ’s a relay with 62 stamped on it and it does go in position 2 (I had a one with No1 stamped on it, didnÂ’t help). 

Unfortunately still not cured it, could you tell me when you switch your ignition on does the fuel pump activate?  ItÂ’s just mine doesnÂ’t but as soon as I turn it over it energises, but is flooding the engine.

IÂ’ve also noticed 3 plugs/wires off like you have on yours, is this right itÂ’s just I cant find a home for them ?

MORE PHOTOÂ’S PLEASE PEOPLE, I need to find what number relay goes in position 15.  ItÂ’s for the fuel injection system, could you let me know the part number on yours please black cabbie.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2005, 11:01 »
Andy, do you still need info on this ? I'm going to the Newark meet on 3rd April and I could ask someone there with a digi cam to take some pics for you. What do you need to know ?  :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline AndyF

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2005, 21:07 »
Gibby, still struggling if you could get me a couple of photos it would be appreciated, especially if there 1989 models. 

Could some one also please tell me if I right in thinking when I switch my ignition on the fuel pump should run for a couple of seconds and then shut off.

Black cabbie what year is your golf mate and is it an injection model.  If itÂ’s a injection model would you be able to tell me if you bridge points 1 and 5 (Please see http://volkswagen.msk.ru/vw_doc/eva2/FU01/ch4.3.1.html not sure how to copy it over) when you switch the ignition on does it power up.  ItÂ’s just on mine when I put a bulb in line and switch the ignition on it powers up for a couple of seconds than goes really bright.  Do you know (or anyone) if this is right ?

Please help someone, I really want to get her running for this summer, as IÂ’ve just realised its actually been about 6years since I last used her.

Andy