Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 72183 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #190 on: 18 May 2011, 17:31 »
Went to our local BMW dealer today and they have a orange one in the showroom.

£45,695.00................................
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #191 on: 18 May 2011, 17:34 »
Went to our local BMW dealer today and they have a orange one in the showroom.

£45,695.00................................

they will hold their value very well though esp with a limited number coming to the UK. I have a friend running a 500+bhp M3 and the car still handles like it should. As its virtually sharing the same chassis... this is THE car to use as a base for modding. Im sure it will be well worth the wait and well put together.

Suddenly I feel this car is more desirable than the M3 :lipsrsealed:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #192 on: 19 May 2011, 00:20 »
if you are still reading this thread hurdy... surely this is worth a look???  :shocked:

http://cars.uk.msn.com/reviews/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=157557472

remap it and have yourself a ball  :evil: :evil: :evil:

I would, but I need a more door version :laugh:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #193 on: 22 May 2011, 09:20 »
am1w, why do you say it's an "abortion of sorts", please elaborate.
Snoopy, your comment "Non colour coded bargain basement 'L' spec door mirrors." They are just like the mirrors on the R aren't they, so where's the problem?
I'm thinking of getting the ED35, so any well informed, non-sarcastic, helpful comments and observations would be welcome.

2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #194 on: 22 May 2011, 09:33 »
Snoopy, your comment "Non colour coded bargain basement 'L' spec door mirrors." They are just like the mirrors on the R aren't they, so where's the problem?
I'm thinking of getting the ED35, so any well informed, non-sarcastic, helpful comments and observations would be welcome.

Rick don't bother just get the R instead 4wd more power better looking car  :drool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #195 on: 22 May 2011, 09:39 »

Call me old fashioned, but I somehow dislike the wheel design (I am Monza Shadow mad), black door mirror housings (unless it is on a white car where they really look amazing) and the side-skirts (many also dislike the side skirts on the standard GTI). But it is a matter of personal taste and should not put you off buying a really superb car.

Without me seeing the car in reality, all my comments should be taken with a pinch of salt, anyway. I will admit my previous comment was harsh and unfair. Apologies.

Maybe, us common GTI owners are a bit jealous and don't wish to admit it.  :wink:

How about just getting an R.  :smiley:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #196 on: 22 May 2011, 10:16 »

Snoopy's comments on the door mirrors are perfectly understandable, for years and years the top of the range model had colour coded mirror housings and the poverty spec repmobiles had black plastic unpainted mirror housings. The black housings on the current top line VAG sports models obviously remind us oldies of bargain basement cars. It's just an observation and fashions change.
There are plenty of well informed statements in amongst the other opinions.
I for one am not an ED35 'hater'. I quite like it. But it's expensive, too expensive (and that's without knowing the retail price!).
The car has many unique features and like other anniversary editions it may well be that the sum of the extra parts will be worth more than the retail price difference once we do know the price in the UK. It looks as an anniversary model should, subtly different but enough to be noticed by those in the know.
It's still only available in the dull standard GTI colours though.
So, get a Rising blue R instead. Classic (as modern disposable cars go).

Having said that I quite fancy a Steel/United Grey ED35 myself. But not as much as a blue R.
In another 12 months or so I'm sure we'll be inundated with a fresh round of people looking forward to the latest greatest GTI model and all the mk3 boys will be jumping down their necks!!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #197 on: 22 May 2011, 10:30 »

Rick don't bother just get the R instead 4wd more power better looking car  :drool:
I agree with that Steve, and have to say I fancy an R, only problem is that for the spec I want it's £35.5K  :shocked: which is a little on the heavy side. Having said that, I might push the boat out and go for it. Alternatively a used, low mileage, pristine example with my preferred spec could be the way to save a few grand  :undecided:
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #198 on: 22 May 2011, 10:47 »

Call me old fashioned, but I somehow dislike the wheel design (I am Monza Shadow mad), black door mirror housings (unless it is on a white car where they really look amazing) and the side-skirts (many also dislike the side skirts on the standard GTI). But it is a matter of personal taste and should not put you off buying a really superb car.

Without me seeing the car in reality, all my comments should be taken with a pinch of salt, anyway. I will admit my previous comment was harsh and unfair. Apologies.

Maybe, us common GTI owners are a bit jealous and don't wish to admit it.  :wink:

How about just getting an R.  :smiley:

+1 on the Monza's, I think they are fabulous and better than the wheels shown on the pic of the ED35. As per my reply to Steve earlier, my real preference is the R, if I can stretch my budget that is  :laugh:

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #199 on: 22 May 2011, 10:57 »
^^^^ Rick
Second hand R with 10.k on the clock £26k
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2800686.htm

I couldn't or wouldn't justify the wait or cost of a new R
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R