Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 72151 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #90 on: 10 May 2011, 22:34 »
Agree with Martin.
No point getting one's knickers in a twist, at least for now for me. I keep a car for 3 years, so I'll twist my panties at the end of 2012. :grin:
No panties and no knickers to twist.... I'm commando man  :laugh:
Apart from the days I wear the wifes undies.

You are a man after my own arse.  :grin:
I'll be ready for a Mk7 GTI Spring 2013, if I am still alive. In the meantime, I'll just go hunting for new lacey undies, lace Wolfgang's headrests, hang some danglies from the rear view mirror, polish his pipes and mine, throw up every time I see those disgusting over-embossed Ed35 seats and crappy wheels and enjoy the music of the night.  :laugh:

This topic is now getting boring and is like premature ejaculation.  :evil:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #91 on: 10 May 2011, 22:35 »
hurdy, please don`t buy one, or if you do, don`t bring it to any shows i shall be attending.
i spent months finding an ed30 i could afford after i had seen and sat in yours  :grin:
i think an ed35 could push my missus over the edge  :laugh:

Don't worry Vaughn, I think it may well be a Golf R for me next as I feel the lure of the 4WD is strong within me Obiwan.......

errr, sorry got an "Attack of the Clones" there for a minute :grin:
turbo an R32 hurdy!!! You know u want to
 :evil:

Funny you should say that, I've just been looking at R32's and the Storm Developments supercharger kit :evil:

£20k would get me both :shocked:
Ha ha.. Looked at a few of the turbi kits available myself. With all the other extras you would need you are probably looking at close to 30k but still money well spent I would say.

Much better value than the R... So much better to drive than a gti or ed30! Only thing holding me back is insurance :(

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #92 on: 10 May 2011, 22:46 »
I have a feeling that when we see the edition 35 in the flesh every single gti owner will want one........
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #93 on: 10 May 2011, 23:11 »
I have a feeling that when we see the edition 35 in the flesh every single gti owner will want one........

I already do, what do you reckon my 5 door 09 plate with 9250 miles on the clock would be worth?
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #94 on: 11 May 2011, 00:59 »

Not me... Been around long enough to know that sticking a few extra bits on a car helps boost sales as a model comes towards the end of its life. Every manufacturer does it... Doesn't mean everyone buys into it.

Offline richyrb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #95 on: 11 May 2011, 01:52 »
agree with R32UK.. look at the porsche 997....

how many 'Limited Edition' Specs have they brought out recently....

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #96 on: 11 May 2011, 08:12 »
Agree with Martin.
No point getting one's knickers in a twist, at least for now for me. I keep a car for 3 years, so I'll twist my panties at the end of 2012. :grin:
No panties and no knickers to twist.... I'm commando man  :laugh:
Apart from the days I wear the wifes undies.

You are a man after my own arse.  :grin:
I'll be ready for a Mk7 GTI Spring 2013, if I am still alive. In the meantime, I'll just go hunting for new lacey undies, lace Wolfgang's headrests, hang some danglies from the rear view mirror, polish his pipes and mine, throw up every time I see those disgusting over-embossed Ed35 seats and crappy wheels and enjoy the music of the night.  :laugh:

This topic is now getting boring and is like premature ejaculation.  :evil:

Clench..!  :smiley:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #97 on: 11 May 2011, 08:57 »
Just buy an R forget ED35  :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 11 May 2011, 09:46 »
Its funny we all sort of feel the same way about this one.

I'm not sure what to do, wanted an R when we swapped our 3 year old edition 30, but couldn't justify it then, and can't really now to be honest at the current list price anyway.

So settled for a standard GTi which is great, but wanted to make sure it was paid off in full within 2 years. So what to do, swap for an Edition 35, or wait for a mk7 GTi..............

Dave
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #99 on: 11 May 2011, 10:02 »
Its funny we all sort of feel the same way about this one.

I'm not sure what to do, wanted an R when we swapped our 3 year old edition 30, but couldn't justify it then, and can't really now to be honest at the current list price anyway.

So settled for a standard GTi which is great, but wanted to make sure it was paid off in full within 2 years. So what to do, swap for an Edition 35, or wait for a mk7 GTi..............

Dave

Think of it this way..... hold on for the mk7 golf and see if it floats your boat. If it dosen't then buy a mint nearly new ED35 or an R which would probably save yourself a few pennies as well...!

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto