Author Topic: new car 1.8t  (Read 999 times)

Offline ELCAP1TAN0

• Not said much yet
new car 1.8t
« on: 19 March 2011, 20:08 »
Hi guys,

I've bought a new car and my first golf a couple of days ago. It's a 1.8t gti. Now I didn't get a manual with it and I have a couple of questions.

By the driver door there is a little button with a car on it and 3 lines within. I can't seem to figue out what it's for can nyone tell me please? Also the car has it's original cassette head unit with 6 changer in the boot. Now the 2 speakers and tweeters in the front work, and also the 2 tweeters in the rear work, however the two speakers in the dear doors do not? The fade is fine any ideas on that one? Also on another note the cd changer seems to read CD's but says something on the lines of chk magazine then cd error? Any ideas on that one?

Also on one final note that I can think of so far, how do I set the clock in the computer where the speedo is? and any of the other features.

I've tried to download or find a manual online for the car but can't seem to find one?

Sorry if this seems trivial guys, thank you in advance.

Martyn

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Re: new car 1.8t
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2011, 20:11 »
thats to turn off interior alarm sensors for leaving dogs/women in your car..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline symsymma

• I live here
  • AGU POWER,drive it like u stole it!!!
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2011, 20:29 »
Hi mate welcome,not bein funny buy have u got the cds the right way up?try a cd lens cleaner maybe.
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline ELCAP1TAN0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2011, 20:36 »
Thanks fellas, lol yes they are label up!

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2011, 20:39 »
Just checkin mate me mrs is usin the standard changer in hers and said it only came up wiv that wen a cd was wrong way up.has the car been left standing for a bit ie on a fourcourt?
1.8T AGU 203bhp & 233lb/ft Rtech stage 1 custom remap,18"dezentz rims,lowered 40mm shocks n springs,whiteline 24mm adj rear arb,lcr axle bushes,polybushed arb,modified front bumper & valences,depo projector headlights,delocked,wrapped interior&bora gear knob,forge boost & coolant hoses,forge tip,forge 007p,samco vac hoses,simota aeroform cai,saiko michi catch can,deleted pcv system,r32 dogbone,miltek lg bore down pipe & sports cat/non res anni style system.

Offline ELCAP1TAN0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2011, 20:42 »
Quite possibly, think the dealership had it for a while..?

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline symsymma

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2011, 20:51 »
I reckon its damp inside mate my mrs one was a bit dodgey wen she first got it and that had been standin.leave the cartridge in and keep trying it mate hers sorted itself out.just neefs to be driven and to warm up a bit and dry out prob.maybe get a hair dryer and point it in there from a distance and try it after worth a go i reckon.

Offline ELCAP1TAN0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 20 March 2011, 23:19 »
nice one, thanks.

Any idea about the rear door speakers? the tweeters work but not the larger ones in the footwell. Also on the computer side of things in the first post. The cd changer still not playing ball but I'll have to try a lense cleaner and see if that does the trick. :cry:

With the sensor for the internal sensors how do i know if they're on or off? Sorry if this sounds all a bit thick :laugh:

Offline simon20vt

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2011, 13:19 »
thats to turn off interior alarm sensors for leaving dogs/women in your car..

so leaving dogs in the car then? lol  :laugh: