Author Topic: AGU charge pipe question  (Read 2091 times)

Offline Dave_Cumbria

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 38
AGU charge pipe question
« on: 14 March 2011, 14:14 »
Ive got an AUM engine and the charge pipe keeps popping off (as per normal) so Ive got a 2nd hand AGU charge pipe and hose to fit. Im wanting the mikalor clamps if thats possible, anyone know the sizes I should be ordering and where from?

Thanks for any help,


Dave

Offline Imteyaz

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Re: AGU charge pipe question
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2011, 20:23 »
I don't know where to get the Mikalor clamps but I did the same mods on my A3 (AUM) and managed using decent jubilee clips and it's been absolutely fine.

Clean the surfaces before slipping the hose over the metal pipe and tighten the jubilee clips up well, jobs a goodun'.


Offline golf-sib

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,650
  • Турботазик
Re: AGU charge pipe question
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2011, 21:15 »
silicone vs metal surface = hardly any friction, most tuners will spray hair spray on silicone and pipe to make the surface much more grippey, plus hair spray residue and fumes will not damage engine in anyway.

As for the charge pipe, I am assuming you mean the TIP (turbo inlet pipe), if memory serves me well its diameter is 50mm on the k03/s turbo.


Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝
  24


My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Big Tone

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,254
Re: AGU charge pipe question
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2011, 17:12 »
Charge pipe to pancake connection I think is 2.5", maybe 2.25", this is once the "flared" end has been removed.

Jubilee clips (4 off) hold fine for me, aint removed it since (touch wood!)

That O ring is SH*T!

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline golf-sib

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,650
  • Турботазик
Re: AGU charge pipe question
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2011, 18:00 »
Pancake pipes a interesting, as the pipe that goes to the pan cakes is about 55cm, other side of pancake where it is joining to SMIC is 60mm (same size as TB if memory serves me well)


Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝
  24


My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Dave_Cumbria

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 38
Re: AGU charge pipe question
« Reply #5 on: 15 March 2011, 19:03 »
Cheers Fellas, I`ll wait til the pipe and hose arrive before getting the clips, saves me looking a tool if I get the wrong ones.

Thanks for all the help and PM advice too :)


Dave

Offline Dave_Cumbria

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 38
Re: AGU charge pipe question
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2011, 18:20 »
Fiddly job but completed successfully :)

All my horses are back finally

Thanks for everybody's help on here and via PM


Dave