Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 154746 times)

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Re: Dan's new daily - Broken suspension (not DH approved)
« Reply #330 on: 15 May 2011, 21:50 »
Howd u rip the rear beam off?

Bumper* ;) a lot of gravel in the middle of a road which i didn't notice :rolleyes: never been down there before so didn't know haha, going to see if i can make some custom mounts for it, snapped the clips on the side.. but ah well!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #331 on: 15 May 2011, 21:54 »
Not too bad. I you didnt go silly low though dan...
I dont need to finish that sentance cos you know. Haha. The rolled arches look ghetto to fcuk mate. I like it

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #332 on: 15 May 2011, 22:05 »
Fook me, there was sooooo much to read to catch up... To be honest it was getting boring with all the b!tching.

I couldn't give a sh*t how crazy you mod your car as long as you don't drive it like a wayneker which i'm sure this car prevents you from doing regardless of engine size anyway..

What I will say is that I think you're crazy but persistent and for that I take my hat off as personally I couldn't be ars*d with all the hassle.  I have never seen someone go through so much trial and error at 18 for something they really want and if you want it that bad then keep it up and i'm sure you'll get there in the end.  I just hope that this doesn't end up dead like the wagon as I was really gutted that the project ended on a bad note.

PS... Purple wheels.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #333 on: 15 May 2011, 22:20 »
Not too bad. I you didnt go silly low though dan...
I dont need to finish that sentance cos you know. Haha. The rolled arches look ghetto to fcuk mate. I like it

Hahah i think we know how that sentance finishes ;) the arches are a bit straighter but do still look ghetto as hell :cool: will look pro once i've smoothed them but that won't be until i get the wheels sat how i want!

Fook me, there was sooooo much to read to catch up... To be honest it was getting boring with all the b!tching.

I couldn't give a sh*t how crazy you mod your car as long as you don't drive it like a wayneker which i'm sure this car prevents you from doing regardless of engine size anyway..

What I will say is that I think you're crazy but persistent and for that I take my hat off as personally I couldn't be ars*d with all the hassle.  I have never seen someone go through so much trial and error at 18 for something they really want and if you want it that bad then keep it up and i'm sure you'll get there in the end.  I just hope that this doesn't end up dead like the wagon as I was really gutted that the project ended on a bad note.

PS... Purple wheels.

Haha thanks Shaun, i'm planning on keeping this no matter what (to a degree) if engine goes, something bigger & better will go in :) haha trail and error is an understatement :D but it's running okay now, no more drive shafts and brakes are all working again and at this height it's perfect! Same on the wagon man :( worst decision ever but had to be done, i'm still on the edge with my job at the moment, but most of my debts are paid off, so if i get laid off i won't be in as much trouble :) (still looking at another wagon..)

Dan

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #334 on: 15 May 2011, 22:44 »
So if another wagon were to appear one day, would that be a project alongside this rather than a replacement?

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #335 on: 15 May 2011, 22:50 »
Ah Dan you ledge.  :grin: :cool:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #336 on: 15 May 2011, 23:36 »
So if another wagon were to appear one day, would that be a project alongside this rather than a replacement?

Well i would like a daily while i'm building one, but i'm considering clearing my garage out and starting on a mk2 <3

Ah Dan you ledge.  :grin: :cool:

Haha thanks man :cool:

Been considering these colours (no order);

hmm..
« Last Edit: 15 May 2011, 23:41 by Dmonday »

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #337 on: 15 May 2011, 23:45 »

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #338 on: 16 May 2011, 00:34 »
5 is winning it for me.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #339 on: 16 May 2011, 00:34 »

what he said.... oh and don't butcher a mk2 now will you!  :wink: