Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 155456 times)

Offline Jimp

• I live here
Re: Dan's new daily - Broken suspension (not DH approved)
« Reply #280 on: 10 May 2011, 12:27 »
IIRC it's more of a demo car to show the kind of work they can do for customers, including body mods like reshaped arches. Have you ever seen the pick ups in America that are body dropped like that? They drive that low  :shocked: Rolling shots pop up now and then on the hellaflush/dope/coolstuff thread in the mk2 section of vwvortex.
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #281 on: 10 May 2011, 13:06 »
Haha that's awesome Shady :D and i don't think he was comparing it chris :tongue: also wayne, i think it's meant to look slightly stupid.. gets attention and advertises the company that made it, looks like top quality work to me :)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #282 on: 10 May 2011, 13:13 »
I think that looks the bollox tbh.. shows some proper engineering skill...
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #283 on: 10 May 2011, 13:34 »
Fantastic read mate - how many driveshafts have you broken now?

Will keep an eye on this tread as look forward to see the end result!

Offline apie2004

• Here all the time
« Reply #284 on: 10 May 2011, 13:39 »
You carry on Mr Monday, i still love you!  :kiss:

Even though i'm killing kittens? :kiss:

You're a brave guy for posting that horney :D but yeah all welding was done by my friend who owns his own engineering company (and does my banded steelies) and his quality of work is awesome to say the least.

Meh. I think some peopl are just over reacting. People have been tubbing arches, body dropping over modded chassis and the such since car modding began. As long as you approach it with the right attitude and get the work carried out to an excellent standard I don't see the issue. I much prefer thigs like this than muppets who cut their standard springs, shove in loads of camber shims and then drive round on bike tyres on over sized rims inflated to a million PSI.

Nick

Yeah man, i drive this daily and it has been absolutly fine (with regards to chassis notch and raised engine) the opposite driveshaft is very slightly knocking and rubbing when cornering since this but that's until i get this side notched. I don't see an issue with it, but then again it's DH that i'm arguing with here.. i'll never win.

well its an open forum - so feedback can be good, bad or middle of the road  - thats the way it works.  :smug:

Fair play for looking at ways of fixing the problems you have now caused yourself by going so low - thats the good  :wink:

But i look it this way, your spanking a LOT of cash on this, you think what you could have got with it all - thats the middle of road  :undecided:

And god help you at renewal time for your AA, a lot of policies are loaded if you have used them alot - which you have - thats the bad  :tongue:

Still think you should have kept ya Mk3 Wagon BTW -  :lipsrsealed:

Very true man, it's just the way some people go about it :D i'm working on ways to get it low without breaking things (like driveshafts / sumps etc) and it seems to be working so far, just the track rod arms to do. Fair play on the $ side of things but hopefully i shouldn't have to spend much more on getting it sorted :) as for the AA renewal they love trying to get my car on the flat-bed.. :D

i wish i did keep it dude :( i've been looking at them again :lipsrsealed:

Keep DH happy and buy a mk3 syncro variant?

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #285 on: 10 May 2011, 13:40 »
Haha that's awesome Shady :D and i don't think he was comparing it chris :tongue: also wayne, i think it's meant to look slightly stupid.. gets attention and advertises the company that made it, looks like top quality work to me :)

:smug:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #286 on: 10 May 2011, 14:00 »
Fantastic read mate - how many driveshafts have you broken now?

Will keep an eye on this tread as look forward to see the end result!

Thanks dude, makes a change after all this above :D i'm just about to replace drive shaft #5 tonight so will be on #6 (only because i'm running a 6n driveshaft and this is off a ibiza) so its been on the back of an AA truck 4/5 times now :rolleyes:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #287 on: 10 May 2011, 17:45 »
For f*cks sake Dan, is this heap of sh!t still going? Why don't you do everyone a favour and scrap the thing before you kill any more kittens :kiss: :grin:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #288 on: 10 May 2011, 20:24 »
Well it's heartening that it's insured, even if it is utter clutter.

Do we have any photos of this orsum chassis leg notching?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #289 on: 10 May 2011, 20:26 »
Well it's heartening that it's insured, even if it is utter clutter.

Do we have any photos of this orsum chassis leg notching?

It's back towards the beginning of the thread.

Does actually look like a good job to be fair!