Author Topic: Dan's N5T LO daily - VR6 Turbo build starting #95  (Read 154756 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI

Offline Dmonday

• I live here

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!
Fair point i can understand where you're both coming from but this is just how i roll, i'll most likely get a 'decent' car with a Chris White approval stamp in a few years but while i'm young and still live with my rents.. why not, could learn from my mistakes or i could have a sweet car at the end of it, who knows eh. But i'm building it so that i can go low without breaking things, raising the engine, chassis notch, tie rod flip etc, eventually re-enforce the bottom of my car / sills.

You've cut notches in the legs that provide crash crumple zones and support the engine in the car.  You've raised the engine out of where it's been designed to fit and deform in a crash, you've flipped the track rod ends so they may be acting outside their design parameters.

Not only are you a bloody danger to yourself, but also to others on the road.  Your suspension will be incapable of sucking up any bumps, to maintain the wheel's contact with the road and thus grip, increasing your stopping distances and (as Chris has mentioned) the car's fitness for purpose.

Frankly I doubt your modifications are insurable, let alone insured.

You strike me as quite possibly one of the stupidest people modifying cars on this forum today.

It's not 'how you roll' it's a danger to the rest of us and I hope it finds you points and fines before too long, as given your age you'll be off the road and uninsurable for some time. 

Even then I suspect you'd probably drive unlicensed and uninsured, because 'that's how you roll'.

'how you roll' is no excuse for the b*stardisation you are committing to this car.

It's a licensed, legislated-for mode of transport, not an iphone cover or some other BS lifestyle enhancing accessory, which is what you're treating it as.

Grow up.  Cars are for adults, skateboards and BMXs are for children like you, who shouldn't be allowed a tonne of metal missile to drive into other road users with no idea of the consequences.

Haha how did i guess you was going to pop up, i'm not insured nor do i have a license, i'm actually 15 years old as you can tell from my modifications to my car, because that's just how i roll. please refrain from posting in my thread. Although you are correct, you are a bellend.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Hate is far too strong an emotion in this scenario.

I pity you.  You have my pathos.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Hate is far too strong an emotion in this scenario.

I pity you.  You have my pathos.

I like your pitty, makes me feel all warm inside.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
That's the feeling of blood coming from the wounds of those you might run into due to your utterly incompetent, dangerous modifications.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline dubsport

• I live here
  • TDI POWAR!

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Would this be due to it's gentle reminiscence of  manlove , Dmonday?

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
Nah just how warm my fingers felt when i poked DH's mother :)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Fair point i can understand where you're both coming from but this is just how i roll, i'll most likely get a 'decent' car with a Chris White approval stamp in a few years but while i'm young and still live with my rents.. why not, could learn from my mistakes or i could have a sweet car at the end of it, who knows eh. But i'm building it so that i can go low without breaking things, raising the engine, chassis notch, tie rod flip etc, eventually re-enforce the bottom of my car / sills.

You've cut notches in the legs that provide crash crumple zones and support the engine in the car.  You've raised the engine out of where it's been designed to fit and deform in a crash, you've flipped the track rod ends so they may be acting outside their design parameters.

Not only are you a bloody danger to yourself, but also to others on the road.  Your suspension will be incapable of sucking up any bumps, to maintain the wheel's contact with the road and thus grip, increasing your stopping distances and (as Chris has mentioned) the car's fitness for purpose.

Frankly I doubt your modifications are insurable, let alone insured.

You strike me as quite possibly one of the stupidest people modifying cars on this forum today.

It's not 'how you roll' it's a danger to the rest of us and I hope it finds you points and fines before too long, as given your age you'll be off the road and uninsurable for some time.  

Even then I suspect you'd probably drive unlicensed and uninsured, because 'that's how you roll'.

'how you roll' is no excuse for the b*stardisation you are committing to this car.

It's a licensed, legislated-for mode of transport, not an iphone cover or some other BS lifestyle enhancing accessory, which is what you're treating it as.

Grow up.  Cars are for adults, skateboards and BMXs are for children like you, who shouldn't be allowed a tonne of metal missile to drive into other road users with no idea of the consequences.

Example of "on paper one thing, in theory another".

I'm sure the car is fine. You just adjust your driving style to suit.

Before you start, I can assure you, I raised my car to standard height today. Went round a roundabout and the wheels lost grip under power and the car understeered.

When it was lowered I could have done it a whole lot faster and it would have gripped and it was at the bottom of the threads.

That's real life example for you. Plus the brakes are sharper.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.