Author Topic: GTD remap  (Read 32931 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: GTD remap
« Reply #30 on: 01 March 2011, 22:04 »
Can I just ask guys.....
...after the ECU re-maps and whatever else for additional BHP & torque, did the total cost still end up cheaper than that of a GTi.....?
I'm not being sarcastic, but asking a serious question chaps !

Thanks

I bought mine because fuel cost's , i was paying £280 a month for the ED30, half the cost now :smug:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #31 on: 02 March 2011, 05:37 »
Can I just ask guys.....
...after the ECU re-maps and whatever else for additional BHP & torque, did the total cost still end up cheaper than that of a GTi.....?
I'm not being sarcastic, but asking a serious question chaps !

Thanks

Yes, but mine cost a fair few quid more than a standard GTI anyhow.

You'll find most of the GTD owners, like GTI owners only wanted that version and were not interested in the opposite  :wink:

I bought a GTD because it is the top spec diesel golf, if they only made a GT TDI I'd have bought that or if they made an R TDI I'd have bought that  :wink:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #32 on: 02 March 2011, 07:43 »
I would have bought a twin turbo diesel if they made it , wishfull thinking that's the next motor  :smug:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 15 March 2011, 18:38 »
R&D nearly Finished on this, should be ready for release first week in April, will do a full write up with dyno graphs etc

Of course we can supply a generic style good quality map but it's always best to have a fully r&d'd, bespoke product  :wink:

Really really struggling to do this any other way than by removing the ecu  :sad:

Offline limbsy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 17 March 2011, 19:59 »
Hiya,

first time i've posted since getting my mk3 golf written off...

so after a very long and boring story. last year I specced a GTD for my wife as a her company car... pretty lucky as we get a new car every 3 years and can spec anything we want within a certain budget and it has to be a 5 door.

Now my question is, if i were to REVO the GTD, would I then be able to remove and possibly switch to another GTD? (I cant see why we would spec anything else now) or would there be ECU conflicts and the such?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2011, 05:02 »
Hiya,

first time i've posted since getting my mk3 golf written off...
so after a very long and boring story. last year I specced a GTD for my wife as a her company car... pretty lucky as we get a new car every 3 years and can spec anything we want within a certain budget and it has to be a 5 door.
Now my question is, if i were to REVO the GTD, would I then be able to remove and possibly switch to another GTD? (I cant see why we would spec anything else now) or would there be ECU conflicts and the such?
Welcome back.  :smiley:
No you can't transfer REVO between vehicles. It is encrypted into the ECU and switched between programs via a switching device bought seperately (unless you get it thrown in as part of a deal like I did).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2011, 06:13 »
Plus if it's new you can't use a REVO on it anyhow.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 18 March 2011, 16:02 »

:grin: Yep, if it's new you'd need a Doc map 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline limbsy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 18 March 2011, 16:22 »

It's a 59 plate, had it since last feb. would it work? Sorry for the stupid questions... I have no idea?

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 18 March 2011, 17:12 »

It's a 59 plate, had it since last feb. would it work? Sorry for the stupid questions... I have no idea?
Thats because while its under the 3 year VW warranty any chipped ecu's are logged in the ecu so if you went back with a warranty problem they can check if its been chipped and void the warranty.

You would be better of getting a plugin chip box which you can unplug when it goes to the dealer and it doesn't change the vehicle ecu. Have a read at DTUK and select your model and engine.  :wink:

Update: Service Dept.'s tagging modified cars. VWoA
« Last Edit: 18 March 2011, 17:30 by Keithuk »
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.