Author Topic: GTD remap  (Read 32840 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: GTD remap
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2011, 21:06 »
Be aware your ECU will need to come out, which may invailidate your warrenty?? Doc is the man  :cool:

If you have a 2009 GTD you may be able to have it flashed from the OBD port. If you know your ECU number i could find out for you.

The 170PD engines had problem with Particulate Filter the 170CR engine is fine to be tuned.

Mine is Revo'd and it is awesome.

My understanding is that all GTD's ECU needs to come out , could be wrong though :undecided:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2011, 21:44 »
Mine didn't steve just plug in through the port
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Wabbit

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2011, 21:49 »
Be aware your ECU will need to come out, which may invailidate your warrenty?? Doc is the man  :cool:

If you have a 2009 GTD you may be able to have it flashed from the OBD port. If you know your ECU number i could find out for you.

The 170PD engines had problem with Particulate Filter the 170CR engine is fine to be tuned.

Mine is Revo'd and it is awesome.

My understanding is that all GTD's ECU needs to come out , could be wrong though :undecided:

Steve

Mine is a 03L 906 022 LC ECU and i did mine through the port.
I do believe it is the early cars only.

Thanks

Ian
Golf GTD MK6 Zenons, Leather, Dynamic Chasis Control, Park Assist, RNS510. Golf GTi Mk6 DSG, Leather. Golf Mk2 G60 Edition One, Recaro's, e/w, c/l, ABS

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #13 on: 28 February 2011, 21:58 »
So can i get a map done through the OBD yet , as one been developed?  :undecided:

Offline Wabbit

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 28 February 2011, 22:04 »
So can i get a map done through the OBD yet , as one been developed?  :undecided:

I dont know anyone doing 2010 GTD's through the port yet :sad:

Well worth doing though. I still get 530-550 miles per tank :grin:
Golf GTD MK6 Zenons, Leather, Dynamic Chasis Control, Park Assist, RNS510. Golf GTi Mk6 DSG, Leather. Golf Mk2 G60 Edition One, Recaro's, e/w, c/l, ABS

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #15 on: 28 February 2011, 22:14 »
Steve it's not the map that's the problem it's that most of the MK6 golfs require the ecu to be removed and programmed off board as you stated earlier.

The ones that can be done via OBD are the earlier versions of the ecu that are few and far between  :sad:

Offline vwscotsman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 28 February 2011, 22:18 »
Hi Doc, How would one go about finding out what ECU one has?? I just got myself a 09 plate GTD 170 DSG, first ever VW and curious to all this and the potential to remap

cheers

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 28 February 2011, 22:26 »
Easiest way is I'll send some kit down to Steve and he can plug into your car and his own to see if they can be done via OBD.

Or you can pull the ecu out and send me the hardware code - not quite so easy  :sad:

I'll do a "how to" on the ecu out bit in the next few days  :wink:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #18 on: 28 February 2011, 22:39 »
Easiest way is I'll send some kit down to Steve and he can plug into your car and his own to see if they can be done via OBD.

Or you can pull the ecu out and send me the hardware code - not quite so easy  :sad:

Doc mine is definetly Scrambled , ive checked it mate  :cool:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2011, 22:44 »

Doc mine is definetly Scrambled , ive checked it mate  :cool:

Sorry mate, I forgot you had a fully automatic egg scrabler  :grin:

As we've all said sadly most are scrambled and an OBD flash protocol is looking less and less likely by the day.

However, I've heard this all before with earlier EDC ecu's that were cracked so you never know  :wink: