Author Topic: studleys mk4 gti 8v build thread  (Read 6920 times)

Offline studley73

• Not said much yet
studleys mk4 gti 8v build thread
« on: 26 January 2011, 12:26 »
well on the 27/12/10 i bought my 8valve mk4 gti. and was chuffed to bits with it. but the day i bought it i fitted the tints and sunstrip here she is how i bought her on the day after purchase with the tints fitted.

well its stayed like that for all of a week lol and i just had to get my double din fitted, along with my sub and amp, whilst i was at it i upgraded the speakers and was stunned with the sound differance

then a day later i changed the bleached side repeaters

it was off to rsr tyres i went, seens as it needed 4 tyres it wouldve been silly not to change the rims

then the day later i had it booked into auto body solutions to have this little lot fitted along with a near on total respray

so all the bits went into the car and off i set and i ask paul my mate whos doing it for me to keep me updated with pics and hers how it started

dip in front bumper being filled in

then the half moon in the bonnet welded up

then the front bumper was primed along with the the bonnet, back bumper and boot spoiler

after that little lot was in primer it was time to smooth the rear and totaly debage the rear as i hate badges and stickers

after that it was time to start painting so first bit done was the back bumper

then it was time to paint the inside of the bonnet

the the bottom of the front bumper seens as i am having the bumpers totaly colour coded
well thats it for now i should have some more pics thro today so mite update it a bit later thanks for looking

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: studleys mk4 gti 8v build thread
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 12:51 »
Nice going, must be good to have a mate with skills.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 13:21 »
Looks a good project.

What made you pick a 2.0  :undecided:

Think long and hard before fitting the HID's

Offline studley73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 13:53 »
bought the 2.o for 2 reasons 1 it was quicker than my old mondeo and 2 it was a dam site cheaper to insure. oh and the hids are going in coz i took them off my old car and had them anyway and come mot time i will just put the standard bulbs back in lol

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 15:51 »
bought the 2.o for 2 reasons 1 it was quicker than my old mondeo and 2 it was a dam site cheaper to insure. oh and the hids are going in coz i took them off my old car and had them anyway and come mot time i will just put the standard bulbs back in lol

Still a naff / bad idea to run them.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 16:14 »
Looks a nice clean car could do with getting it lower I reakon but so far like what youve done.Look forward to seeing it finished bumpers back on etc.Did he get a good match with the paint as silvers can be a b!tch to match.
Golf Gti

Offline studley73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2011, 06:46 »
yeah the match is top class thank god. Why is it a bad idea to run hids on a mk4. Thats got me puzzled ?

Offline studley73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2011, 00:02 »
well here it is update time again lol. its been a long haul and my god has this car given its best to beat the bodyshop and has ended up in a near on total respray and it had to be done twice coz the first lot reacted and had to be stripped right off and started again but i will let the pics do the talking i look forward to your replys.

boot ready for colour

bonnet ready for colour

o/s ready for colour

boot in base

bonnet in laquer

bonnet in colour

bonnet and n/s in laquer

boot in laquer

back bumper in laquer

r32 boot spoiler in laquer

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2011, 00:41 »
jealous :afro:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2011, 00:47 »
Will look fresh man, lower and some different wheels and would be spot on :afro: great work too, looks like it's done to a high standard! Looking forward to progress.

Dan