Author Topic: astra gte digi dash??  (Read 19509 times)

Offline davies1644

• GTI forum regular
Re: astra gte digi dash??
« Reply #20 on: 25 January 2011, 11:15 »
he couldnt tell me as hes not that clued up on mk2's lol it can be either i think but he said he can sort it out for £35 for a convertor so all is doable he said do it and find out

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #21 on: 25 January 2011, 11:19 »
cool thats a good price, do you recon he could do something like 1.8t conversion to mk2 coil -ve signal, maybe 6 pot to 4pot? if so he'll have a line of mk1/mk2 customers queueing up round the virtual block :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline davies1644

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 25 January 2011, 11:52 »
will see what i can do

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
« Reply #23 on: 25 January 2011, 14:36 »
As for housing that is going to be the sod!!  I found this with when I put one into my Pug 309 GTI......If only I had taken pictures.

Anyway after a little search on the net I found this., the end result is far from perfect imo as in a nice smooth finish but it shows on a rather tricky dash (Corsa B) on how this chap did it......

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/other-mechanical-electrical/355117-fitting-gte-digital-dash-into-corsa-b.html

Offline davies1644

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 25 January 2011, 14:47 »
yeah the biggest problem i see is that the digi dash is slightly larger than the mk3 only marginally but couple that with the shape difference as the mk3 has rounded edges and so on i dont think youl be able to see the full gauges of the digi dash but im gonna get chopping soon and find out lol

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 25 January 2011, 15:44 »
I'm very interested to see how this pans out, i'll be keeping an eye out for this!  :cool:

Offline davies1644

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2011, 16:57 »
well better get looking now lol got a bit bored today so got going lol

gte clock front chopped up

the 2 semi merged lol

and it half back together just need to smooth the two together as their is a msall gap between the two at the top

what does everyone think???

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2011, 17:03 »
Looks like your blanking a lot of the dials  :undecided:

Offline davies1644

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2011, 17:45 »

Well looks can be deceiving lol only a very fraction of the top corners and mine being a diesel I'm not too fussed about the top of the rev gauge lol

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2011, 18:44 »

Well looks can be deceiving lol only a very fraction of the top corners and mine being a diesel I'm not too fussed about the top of the rev gauge lol

Excellent work mate.  I think you have done really well there. Your thread is going to be a daily viewing for me now as I am very interested. Dom lives just up the road from me and he knows everything to know about Digi-dash's. With the wiring if you get in a complete pickle come to mine and I will see what I can do......Although I dont know how far away from Milton Keynes you are??!!