Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47753 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #230 on: 22 January 2011, 18:52 »
lol, do the guys on club gti think you are a grade a twit as well then thomas?  :grin: what a surprise

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #231 on: 22 January 2011, 20:04 »
Ref: all this arguing over seat mounting,

can someone explain to me what is wrong with going to say, demon tweeks, and buying a tailored golf3 seat subframe for say, corbeau seats, buying a corbeau forza seat and bolting them together, and then fitting the seat that way?
surely this would save all the hassle, would retain the sliding function of the seat, and mean it fits perfectly? Ok, its going to be about 80quid more, but if saves all this chopping and welding going on.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #232 on: 22 January 2011, 22:32 »
lol, do the guys on club gti think you are a grade a twit as well then thomas?  :grin: what a surprise

No, a moderator on there doesn't like being made to look a twit on other forums and likes to wield his little bit of power, so shut down my CGTI account.

No loss - not really interested in being on a forum where accounts are routinely hacked by admin, who then spy on people.  :rolleyes:

But I'm sure you're welome on there, Mark - you must fit like a c0ck in a condom over there.

The curious thing is that you don't seem to have a view on this guy's harness bar - looks much like yours, but I'm sure yours is much safer, right?

can someone explain to me what is wrong with going to say, demon tweeks, and buying a tailored golf3 seat subframe for say, corbeau seats, buying a corbeau forza seat and bolting them together, and then fitting the seat that way?

Looking at the 'universal competition fitting kit' on Demon Tweeks it'll be mounting the seat a lot higher than the tubular mounting system.  If you wanted to compete you may find the seat mounting, retaining the adjustment might struggle with MSA regulations - I'd need to check through the Blue Book to confirm, but it's dice-y and with the look of that mounting system I wouldn't much fancy your chances with a scrutineer.  :grin:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
« Reply #233 on: 22 January 2011, 23:47 »
you guys have lost me here ? what have i missed ?
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #234 on: 23 January 2011, 03:25 »

Looking at the 'universal competition fitting kit' on Demon Tweeks it'll be mounting the seat a lot higher than the tubular mounting system.  If you wanted to compete you may find the seat mounting, retaining the adjustment might struggle with MSA regulations - I'd need to check through the Blue Book to confirm, but it's dice-y and with the look of that mounting system I wouldn't much fancy your chances with a scrutineer.  :grin:

i mant something like this: http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/detprod.asp?ProductCode=COR-VOLK006&PID=159626

which slots straight into the original mountings. had one on my mini and there was no seat movement etc and the seat sat at the ideal height.
would the blue book bother you that much f the car was only for trackdays and ring trips etc? Have you ever been scrutineered at a trackday???  :undecided:

im not having a go, just seems a alot safer and more sensible than whacking out some homebrew welding with universal frames and dodgy looking plates.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2011, 03:27 by Chris-White »
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #235 on: 23 January 2011, 07:58 »
No, a moderator on there doesn't like being made to look a twit on other forums and likes to wield his little bit of power, so shut down my CGTI account.

is that the same as you making half the forum on here look like twits?  :rolleyes: maybe in your head, as i said deluded.

i have an opinion, just dont feel the need to shout it out at every opportunity thinking its gospel :wink: i can think of several other ways of dying in my car when crashing that i'm not in a great rush to rectify. Motorsport is dangerous petal.

your right i would fit in over there if the admins have banned you, sounds like a great place

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #236 on: 23 January 2011, 08:04 »
the trouble with those sliding mounts is they will have play in the runners like the standard seats do. Being on seat rails feels like your strapped to the car, not on it if that makes sense.

and no, you don't get scrutineered at trackdays  :grin:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #237 on: 23 January 2011, 08:39 »
would the blue book bother you that much f the car was only for trackdays and ring trips etc? Have you ever been scrutineered at a trackday???

You'd feel a proper fool driving 5-600 miles out to the 'ring, only to be turned away in your stripped out 'road racer' because the marshals on the gate thought it looked like a shed.  Yes I have seen it happen and people have been turned away for German-look plates, too.

While I agree scrutineering at track days doesn't currently happen, I wouldn't be surprised if it did start, also if you do decide you want to do any motorsport then it's pointless having to re-do things again because you did such a shoddy/unapproved job of it in the first place.

Seat mounting information is from P158 in this part of the Blue Book:  http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/bluebooks/11/152-190%20Competitor%20Safety.pdf

You might also like to have a read through the rollcage stuff prior to that - noting the minimum diameter, thickness and material specification, which denotes seamless tubing as a minimum for any rollcage - it you've used seamed tubing in your bar then under impact it's likely to split and fail, which is why I was asking if it was scaffold bar.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #238 on: 23 January 2011, 20:33 »
redone the seat mounts using the subframes from the orriginal seats ! not the nicest looking, but seems to fit quite nice and they are very secure as they are the orriginal frames that go in the side mounting sliders ! what do we think ?

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #239 on: 23 January 2011, 21:07 »
also does anyone have any views on attatching the side belts to eachother under/the back of the seats ?