Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47806 times)

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #90 on: 08 January 2011, 22:42 »
rear door (poly) windows fitted today ! if anyone tells you there easy to fit there lieing ! getting out the old windows and mechs with out a switch is not easy ! the front windows were easy enough, didnt have the window switches so just touched two wires together to lower the window to get to the vice bracket that holds the window to the mech, tried the same method with the back windows but it was having nun of it, so i couldnt lower the windows,  i cut the inner door away and and pulled the mech and motor down off the window, once metal,motor and mech was out the way the window is then pulled down into the door out of the runners on either side then back up (not in the runners) then leaned inside the door frame and she was out ,not a hard job to do but if its the first time youve tackled this it will be tricky and you probly wont know the best way to get the window,mech,motor out....

Easy way is to lower the window and then unbolt the quater light.

thats the point im trying to make i couldnt lower the window as i sold the switches with the door cards ! unbolt the quater  light ?
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #91 on: 09 January 2011, 23:47 »
rear door (poly) windows fitted today ! if anyone tells you there easy to fit there lieing ! getting out the old windows and mechs with out a switch is not easy ! the front windows were easy enough, didnt have the window switches so just touched two wires together to lower the window to get to the vice bracket that holds the window to the mech, tried the same method with the back windows but it was having nun of it, so i couldnt lower the windows,  i cut the inner door away and and pulled the mech and motor down off the window, once metal,motor and mech was out the way the window is then pulled down into the door out of the runners on either side then back up (not in the runners) then leaned inside the door frame and she was out ,not a hard job to do but if its the first time youve tackled this it will be tricky and you probly wont know the best way to get the window,mech,motor out....

Easy way is to lower the window and then unbolt the quater light.

thats the point im trying to make i couldnt lower the window as i sold the switches with the door cards ! unbolt the quater  light ?

Yep look up in the top corner with the window down and you will see one bolt / screw the other is inside the door card.

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #92 on: 12 January 2011, 12:11 »
can anyone tell me the correct temperature that my vr6 should run at, at speed on the motorway and in traffic ?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #93 on: 12 January 2011, 12:22 »
can anyone tell me the correct temperature that my vr6 should run at, at speed on the motorway and in traffic ?
Water temp, 90 degrees most of the time...

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #94 on: 12 January 2011, 12:25 »

when im in traffic it sits at 90degrees,and the fans cut in and stays steady at 90degrees, but when im rolling on the motorway it drops to just over 70degrees and stays stead there ! is that right ?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #95 on: 12 January 2011, 12:27 »

when im in traffic it sits at 90degrees,and the fans cut in and stays steady at 90degrees, but when im rolling on the motorway it drops to just over 70degrees and stays stead there ! is that right ?

Don't think it should drop to be honest could a thermostat issue

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #96 on: 12 January 2011, 12:32 »

cheers wayne ! any ideas where to get one and how much ?

Don't think it should drop to be honest could a thermostat issue

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #97 on: 12 January 2011, 12:33 »
They are not expensive, GSF or ECP should have one.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #98 on: 12 January 2011, 12:41 »
mine has always done this (although mine is 8v!) and i always panic when it gets to 90 degrees lol!
but as said, that is the ussual!
my rado used to hit 110 regularly :D

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #99 on: 12 January 2011, 13:20 »
£50 all in ! part / fitting taking it in tommorow