Author Topic: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))  (Read 47785 times)

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
Re: ((((vr6 stock to vr6 track))))
« Reply #80 on: 07 January 2011, 19:48 »
Crayford maccy dee will deliver it to your car in there bays if you ask, you should race the r8 thats sometimes down there (not sure why there's a r8 in Crayford... but yea)   :smiley:

Oh yea remember if your mates drop a chip, slap them and tell them to eat it of throw it out as that chip weight may cost you round a corner  :grin:

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #81 on: 07 January 2011, 19:57 »
Come on let's not get petty, it's got two small plates welded in no big deal ! 

Yeah i know, better that than finding something you shave to deal with.

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #82 on: 07 January 2011, 20:17 »
Only just got cought up with this build and goot to say i am very impressed mate, keep up the good work, defo heading in the rite direction now. O yeah and luv the steering wheel mate, mmm has got me thinking about my wheel now.  :grin:

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
  • i need anger management as i dont take advice well
« Reply #83 on: 07 January 2011, 20:42 »
Crayford maccy dee will deliver it to your car in there bays if you ask, you should race the r8 thats sometimes down there (not sure why there's a r8 in Crayford... but yea)   :smiley:

Oh yea remember if your mates drop a chip, slap them and tell them to eat it of throw it out as that chip weight may cost you round a corner  :grin:

Lol nutter
i need anger management as i dont take advise well ......

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #84 on: 08 January 2011, 00:08 »
my J reg hasnt had welding that i know of  :nerd:

pull the carpet up and double check !!!!  :wink:

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #85 on: 08 January 2011, 00:09 »
Only just got cought up with this build and goot to say i am very impressed mate, keep up the good work, defo heading in the rite direction now. O yeah and luv the steering wheel mate, mmm has got me thinking about my wheel now.  :grin:

alot of people dont like the d - shape wheel, i think its the nuts ! different :wink:

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #86 on: 08 January 2011, 08:47 »

alot of people dont like the d - shape wheel, i think its the nuts ! different :wink:

Well that is what counts.  :grin: Have you driven it now it is full stripped down? Do you notice a big difference?

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #87 on: 08 January 2011, 10:49 »

Well that is what counts.  :grin: Have you driven it now it is full stripped down? Do you notice a big difference?

yea defenitly notice the weight loss, feels alot more nimble and and obviously a little quicker, well worth stripping in my opinion, i have filled up a ton bag with all the sh!t ive taken out of the car and i can bearly lift the bag up ! id like to put the bag on a set of scales to check the weight loss.........

Offline mmaattyyg

• Here all the time
« Reply #88 on: 08 January 2011, 17:48 »
rear door (poly) windows fitted today ! if anyone tells you there easy to fit there lieing ! getting out the old windows and mechs with out a switch is not easy ! the front windows were easy enough, didnt have the window switches so just touched two wires together to lower the window to get to the vice bracket that holds the window to the mech, tried the same method with the back windows but it was having nun of it, so i couldnt lower the windows,  i cut the inner door away and and pulled the mech and motor down off the window, once metal,motor and mech was out the way the window is then pulled down into the door out of the runners on either side then back up (not in the runners) then leaned inside the door frame and she was out ,not a hard job to do but if its the first time youve tackled this it will be tricky and you probly wont know the best way to get the window,mech,motor out....

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #89 on: 08 January 2011, 22:06 »
rear door (poly) windows fitted today ! if anyone tells you there easy to fit there lieing ! getting out the old windows and mechs with out a switch is not easy ! the front windows were easy enough, didnt have the window switches so just touched two wires together to lower the window to get to the vice bracket that holds the window to the mech, tried the same method with the back windows but it was having nun of it, so i couldnt lower the windows,  i cut the inner door away and and pulled the mech and motor down off the window, once metal,motor and mech was out the way the window is then pulled down into the door out of the runners on either side then back up (not in the runners) then leaned inside the door frame and she was out ,not a hard job to do but if its the first time youve tackled this it will be tricky and you probly wont know the best way to get the window,mech,motor out....

Easy way is to lower the window and then unbolt the quater light.