Author Topic: What do i need?  (Read 3485 times)

Jimmymature

Re: What do i need?
« Reply #20 on: 02 January 2011, 17:14 »
Quick Detail:

Is it a spray that you put on the car after a nice shampoo and dry?  Rubbed in with a microfibre cloth?

Any chance one of you experts can tell me what quick detail is used for and how you use it please?

Thanks,

Jim

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #21 on: 02 January 2011, 17:50 »
Quick Detail:

Is it a spray that you put on the car after a nice shampoo and dry?  Rubbed in with a microfibre cloth?

Any chance one of you experts can tell me what quick detail is used for and how you use it please?

Thanks,

Jim

Hasn't this already been answered?  :undecided:

Oh, got you now ! That's what is known as a QD or "Quick detailer" and its used to remove the very lightest amounts of dust or bird crap from a clean car. If you've just cleaned the car and there are a few bits here and there a QD is the sort of thing could use for quick wipe overs of an "almost" clean car.

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 02 January 2011, 18:22 »
as mentioned somewhere before is this forum, of any doubt of the condition of a microfibre, do the cd test (wipe a dry clean microfibre over a cd)

as for QD's, ive got 4 different megiuars detailers, theyre used at different intervals of cleaning, but thats just me

after ive washed and dried, i go over it with a basic quik detailer to remove any water smears

after the cleaner (as i dont polish or wax), onto a fuller detailer to like the ultimate to give a quick finish, and it causes water beading if it rains

as mentioned as well, can be used in the car as well
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #23 on: 07 January 2011, 16:10 »
Drop me a PM with your address and i'll send you through a Meguiar's brochure. It has some good info in it regarding cleaning your car  :wink: